cameras

timy

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use a battery operated camera, you will need to keep the battery warm. Li works best.

I love my Olympus Stylus 500. I notice the newer ones have a slower lens, slower (bigger number) than 3.1.

My photografer friend brefers the colors on the Cannons. I like the water-proof feature of the Olympus Stylus.

I also use an olympus with a Li battery and have had no problems in cold temperatures.

There are several tricks to keeping your camera working in cold temperatures. Obviously put it in your jacket inside a ziplock bag (to avoid your perspiration from freezing up the camera). Another trick is to take a handwarmer and put it near the battery. This will ensure that you get more photos before the battery dies. Make sure that you have several batteries if you want to take a lot of photos. Another thing to watch for is how easy the camera is to manipulate through gloves. If you are going to expose your flesh just to work the thing, you might want to find a different model.

Good luck! smile.gif

my olympus 410 just broke. dont know how but it is toast. it did last two years though and the pics were very good. used it for skiing on cold days but you will for sure have to keep the battery warm if camping out and doing denali (assuming that is what you are interested in)

Lithium batteries have an operating temp down to -40. Much better then the 72 of alkaline. The lithium are lighter and will usually last longer in electronic devices.

I used an olympus camera on denali with no issues. I think as long as the batteries are good, the camera will work well.

Yup. That looks pretty sweet!!! I should say, however, that I bought an S-80 a year ago, and had the dreaded Canon E-18 error after less than a month and only about 300 shots, all indoors. This SD800 has a different lens retraction mechanism, and hopefully it will not to be prone to this same problem.