daisy/locking biner  

516 members have voted

1. 1. daisy/locking biner

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 stories:

1. a few years ago I took a bad fall. I had a locking blade knife on my harness and I tumbled for a ways. When I stopped rolling I looked down on my harness to see my knife had opened and sliced and diced my jacket on the ride down. Luckily I had on a very fat FF down jacket and wasn't cut by the knife. Since then I always pack my knife in a pack packet.

2. a couple years ago while rapping off of the summit of Mt. Owen my wife dropped her belay device. It was late and cold and we had minimal gear so I opted to lower her down the steep pitches instead of rig another type of rap device (on the easier pitches she rapped and I downclimbed with a prussik). We bivied. It sucked.

chirp,

What part of "every time you set out to climb" do you not understand?

Just answer the question dammit mad.gif

You were addressing Cluck, Chuck. Get your birds straight.

Confusing Cluck with Chirp. Honestly rolleyes.gif

Also, don't forget the deproach sandals:

180px-Shoe_3.jpg

Lots of folks are carrying tons of sh@!. Most of the gear on that list are just for convenience. Climbers should learn how to adapt the gear they have to meet the situational needs. For example, when I rumble with knife wielding cc.comers, I clip my largest camalot to a runner and use it like a mace and I use my nut tool for close in fighting. boxing_smiley.gif

Vaseline, in case the group behind me makes me mad.

Is that Todd Skinner fella following you up routes again?

Realistically, I surprised that people carry that stuff " Every " time up every route, I was out roped soloing last night and forgot - or didn't have, about everything on that list. Everything .

I remembered the rope, shoes, harness, about 3 carabiners and a waterbottle.

Oh, Powderhound: I think Corona Glass Houses got downgraded last night 2 or 3 grades or I was feeling supermanlike.

grin.gif

2 stories:

1. a few years ago I took a bad fall. I had a locking blade knife on my harness and I tumbled for a ways. When I stopped rolling I looked down on my harness to see my knife had opened and sliced and diced my jacket on the ride down. Luckily I had on a very fat FF down jacket and wasn't cut by the knife. Since then I always pack my knife in a pack packet.

When I was spit down pellit gully hiking off the greathorned owl, the spyderco I had on my harness also opened...

very humbling, when Dan and I were sitting there assessing my bloody head and I looked down at my harness to see the knife blade partially open. It could have stabbed/killed me or dan.

too bad, I guess. the_finger.gif