Prusik Peak, South Face Route 9/22-9/23

kevbone

Trip report 9/22-9/23

Peak: Prusik Peak

Crimper and I and another non CC.comer left the car at 5:15 or so on Friday morning, from the Colechuck lake trailhead. Was on top of Asskick, I mean Assgard pass by 9:30 or so and at the base of the west ridge by 12:30. Took a break and racked up for the Chalkstone south face route. Started the route at 1:30 and did it in 4 pitches. It took a little longer than expected, summiting at 7:38. It was almost completely dark by this point. We rapped off the summit only to find the entire north face was covered in snow and ice. It took a while to find the anchors, due to having to brush the snow off them. Then down we rapped into the black unknown abyss. Not knowing where it ended. This was not our plan, for we wanted to be able to see the anchors and the ledge where we climbed off to the right. We arrived back at the bivy site below the west ridge around 10 PM. Wow, were we wasted, after 16 hours on the go, plus a 10 mile approach. Woke up and left camp around 9 or so and was at the car by 2 pm. Eating fat burgers and beer by 3 and home to Ptown by 10:30 PM.

Great route, with a huge approach. Always wanted to climb Prusik, now I have.

Gear: set of nuts, single set of cams to green Camelot, doubles to purple Camelot, and one # 5

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic