Outer Space Cluster F....

sampco

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's missing from this whole "discussion" is BIG LOU.

Had he been there, he would have soloed the route up to the slow party, attached their rope to his sturdy belt loops, and hauled their sorry butts to the top. And for you nervous folks who got stuck behind all of this...BIG LOU would have safely guided you back to the parking lot where you could pose for pictures and have a hearty handshake. All would walk away with feeling good about themselves with a few lessons learned.

Some of the lessons learned:

* First come, first served. "Late start" on a weekend on Outer Space? Please....

*Carry one of those little Petzl headlamps in your pocket or wherever and you'll probably have an easier time getting down in the dark.

*Lots of routes on a big piece of stone like Snow Creek..if you smell an epic looming above, there are a dozen interesting routes nearby that would enjoy your company.

Question: "BIG LOU...where were you when they needed you?" Probable answer: "Bigger fish to fry on bigger mountains."

The Fact Remains:

BIG LOU

GOT BETTER THINGS

TO DO

THAN RESCUE

YOU!

Don't make him come and get you!

'xactly!

lou.jpg

The slow party (let me clarify who I'm writing about - not your group Eric B - although you were incredibly slow as well) should thank Samco. He talked me out of beating the shit out of the two of you up top. As for you Eric B, you and Brian should stick to the Tooth or Ingalls Peak.

Lets not justify why its ok to climb Outer Space in 11+ hours. Its not ok. bigdrink.gif

This is pure crap. I don't think such slap-dickery should be displayed on any route. I certainly don't think a blow-hard jackass should threaten an ass-whuppin on the internet.

Maybe YOU were lucky that you didn't try to beat someone's ass.

what happend to the rappers?

step aside homie G dogs

mujas in the house!

jus who da fuk is sampca

well some kinda cracka

got a grip on a 10b

but wit a 2"inch tally wacka

thinks he owns the SCW

but the cc comers

had a few thing to say to you

boy he gotta ego

and no matta where he go

no matta wut he done

he aint neva gonna be the one

havin the most fun

stay away from me samp fly

we bored with you little guy

cryin calimity behind dis anonimity

all becuz you woke too late..bo-eey!

doe no how to negotiate

you stuck and cant navigate

on a trade route weekend

when the wetha was great then,

we hear ya punk ass poutin

and yo whiney assed shoutin

but now the cc crew say

you dont own the mountain..cuz--z

think you the only one

who ever been second in line

behind a sketched out newb

on a crowded ass climb

you got no one to blame

but yo sorry ass self

so now its time to flame

we gonna take it off the shelf!

yellaf.gif

PS - please don't make me angry, you wont like me when Im angry

wink.gif

garyY

I have never in my life seen a group so in over their heads and clueless on how to move fast...

Spent 6 hours on a sketchy descent- those mother fu...

Sounds like you were over your head and clueless on how to move fast on the descent, you mofo. pitty.gif

didnt i read sumwhere how YOU (gary) got stuck in the dark at smith fecking rocks? is that true? so i suppose if that is true you really are an expert at fu&&ing up descents and your opinion may be valid...

So many dimensions to the lameness here. To restate some other points and make a few of my own:

1. OS on a Saturday. Get there first or expect crowds, and either be prepared to wait, be prepared with the basic social skills necessary to engage the slower party and work out a plan for passing them, or climb elsewhere. With respect to basic social skills - I've passed other parties and have been passed. Whenever I've seen this situation coming, I've always been able to either look up at the belayer and say something along the lines of "Hey - looks like we're moving at different paces and I know it sucks to have someone on your tail all day, would you be cool with us climbing through at the next ledge?" and I've never had a problem. I really dislike feeling pressured to move faster by another party, so whenever a group is clearly moving faster, I let them know that I am aware of the fact that they are faster and talk the situation over, and have never had a problem - even when I've asked if they'd mind waiting a bit until we got someplace where the process would be easier for both parties.

Failing to do any of these things and then opening up with a bunch of hostility and insults on the internet is the ultimate in lameness, but if you haven't got the common sense required to make the right decisions at the base of a crowded route, or the common courtesy necessary to interact with other humans in a constructive way when you are on the route, I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised by the retro-spray.

I also think that if people were honest about their experiences and emotions, quite a few of the TR's here would read quite a bit differently. There's clearly an editing process that goes on in people's heads in order to ensure that they don't expose too much of themselves and leave themselves vulnerable. That's certainly understandable, but I really think it's a shame, as the experiences that people have are way more interesting, varied, and genuine than the subtle-chestbeat-with-just-a-touch-of-faux-modesty-and-self-referential-irony that's emerged as the default tone for any TR here.

jayb,

you got it right there.

garyY, when the clueless are calling out the clueless, entropy sets in...

Hawkeye69, first of all, I don't think you're a lurker. I think you're yet another avatar of some tool whom I've already ignored. It's up to you to prove me otherwise.

Second, why the hell do you need to jump in on the "pick on gary" game? I'm sick and tired of it. Your attacks are tangential and unprovoked. It seems every time I decide to give this forum another chance, another jackass avatar has to step up to the plate to hassle me.

the subtle-chestbeat-with-just-a-touch-of-faux-modesty-and-self-referential-irony that's emerged as the default tone for any TR here

yellaf.gif such a connaisseur of the TR! do you have a computer or a snifter over there JayB

I thoroughly agree. It's a shame that anyone has to justify their actions when they didn't really do much wrong.

What I wanna know is anyone going to attempt OS during the rope-up...could be entertaining