Outer Space Cluster F....

sampco

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kevbone, i'm not going to get into a mudslinging thing w/two again but NO THE FIFTH AMMENDMENT DOES NOT APPLY HERE. This is not a freedom of speech or expression issue.

this is a privately owned website. not the press. no one is going to be jailed for anything their opinions expressed on this site either. however, it is a PRIVATE site. the owners and admins have the privilege to delete any content they'd like and ban anyone they want.

minx,

just curious. do you guys get emails requesting this is done?

i mean, a little info about why folks are banned and deleted would help us out here.

or do you simply take it upon yourselves to protect us?

i hear some dudes are gonna climb OS on SCW really slow. can you guys go up there and tell them how unsafe it is and protect us from the stupidity?

i thank you in advance for your explanation...

kevbone, i'm not going to get into a mudslinging thing w/two again but NO THE FIFTH AMMENDMENT DOES NOT APPLY HERE. This is not a freedom of speech or expression issue.

this is a privately owned website. not the press. no one is going to be jailed for anything their opinions expressed on this site either. however, it is a PRIVATE site. the owners and admins have the privilege to delete any content they'd like and ban anyone they want.

Yeah, I know that, it’s just a little biased. Others were just as rude. As long as you’re banning folks, I would hope you would ban all involved.

Kevbone,

Here is a tautology for you:

Life isn't fair. This website is alive. Therefore... no. Wait. That's not right.

Let me try again.

Moderators are people. People are covered in hair.... Damn.

OK.

The Internet is a system of tubes....

Aw fuckit.

This is no good. It took 8 pages to go from clusterfucks on Outer Space to constitutional rights. Way to slow, should have only taken 3 pages, 4 max. And what happens to your constitutional rights if your a Canuck expressing your opinion on a US based website from Canada?

wopper,

if you are a canuck expressing views that this webiste does not like you get taken in for questioning. if the mods dont get answered correctly, you get sent to RC.com, locked into an isolation room where you are pummelled with inane stupid questions for days on end. even the most determined canucks get broken there. dont force the issue man.

This is no good. It took 8 pages to go from clusterfucks on Outer Space to constitutional rights. Way to slow, should have only taken 3 pages, 4 max. And what happens to your constitutional rights if your a Canuck expressing your opinion on a US based website from Canada?

excellent point wopper. the pace is definitely lagging!

kevbone. there's a pinned post in the spray forum about my general thoughts on spray. i don't tend toward banning people or even deleting very much content.

each moderator has different personal ideas about what merritts banning or post deletion. we try and be as consistent as a large group can be. sometimes these things are discussed beforehand, sometimes not. some bans are temporary some are not.

nearly everyone who has been banned for any length of time has had at least one warning.

it is difficult to set up concrete "rules" for what will get deleted and won't. it's just too difficult to cover all the possibilities. a mere shmidge of common sense and the smallest bit of consideration should cover it.

we've had big discussions and debates on the boards before about what should and shouldn't be banned. it's been beaten to death. we're not going there again.

you will be warned. probably repeatedly. if you don't have the sense to figure it out then deal with it. you'll get banned.

FIFTH AMENDMENT?

You assclowns don't even know the bill of rights? I think you want to cite the FIRST amendment wrt free speech. Fifth concerns due process, double jeopardy, emminent domain, and self incrimination.

OH YEAH! I was climbing that day instead of sitting in class learning.

Aww beat me to it. FYI:

Fifth Amendment: No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

First Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Quiz: Now which amendment protects me when I voice my opinion about how kevbone wazzup.gif is demonstrating the state of education in the US?

pitty.gifthe_finger.gif

Aww beat me to it. FYI:

Fifth Amendment: No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

First Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Quiz: Now which amendment protects me when I voice my opinion about how kevbone wazzup.gif is demonstrating the state of education in the US?

pitty.gifthe_finger.gif

Minx, smallshoes hurt my feeling. Will you ban him/her please?

Will that be you at the top of OS this weekend then?

"You were too slow!" :ass-kicking graemlin: yellaf.gif

Exactly. yoda.gif

To anyone climbing Outer Space this weekend: you have until 2 PM to reach the top of the wall. I'll be there with a watch. Anybody coming over the top at 2:00:01 or later will be clotheslined right back to the base. I don't care how late you started. Hyperspace climbers have until 4 PM, after which time toppers-out will be subjected to the "hyperextended arm" maneauver. Orbit climbers...you get a pass, since you were all smart enough to go over there to avoid the crowds. Unless it's after 4, then you'll understand what it's like to go into Orbit. cantfocus.gif

And all of you best watch out for flying goats. Sooner or later I'm going to have to take a whizz, and as soon as that furry white bastard comes near me while my fly is unzipped, he's gonna get launched off the wall.

You've all been warned. Climb safe. Climb fast. Or DIE.

wave.gifyoda.gif