Bill Clinton Has a Few things to Say

Mos_Chillin

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still don't know why Bush Administration did absolutely nothing as a retalitary strike to the USS Cole...

Maybe because it took place on 12OCT00 during the previous administration.

So was the inaction a statute-of-limitations type thing or a it's-not-my-job type of thing?

Clinton required certification from the CIA and FBI that Al Qaeda was behind the attack on the Cole before he could get basing in Uzbekistan as needed to execute the battle plans he had drawn up for full military assault into Afghanistan to destroy the Taliban and kill bin Laden. The certification wasn't provided until Bush took office in Janurary 2001. The Bush administration was given the completed battle plans and the certification, but did nothing for the following eight months before Al Qaeda attacked America on 9-11. That's the rub.

Please remember the Republicans need terrorists.

Republicans have been searching for somebody to be labeled as "bad guys" since the communists are no longer in power to feed the military war machine.

The "war on terror" is about money to maintain happy contractors. So is the Iraq war.

Its sad. But in the end it is true.

Still don't know why Bush Administration did absolutely nothing as a retalitary strike to the USS Cole and say, "Hey bud (Al Quaida), I am in power now, so don't be messing with this administration around."

yeah, right. Keep oversimplifying the political motivations and belief systems of your opponents. It will make you feel better about yourself, and, oh so much smarter than those with whom you disagree. rolleyes.gif

Clinton required certification from the CIA and FBI that Al Qaeda was behind the attack on the Cole before he could get basing in Uzbekistan as needed to execute the battle plans he had drawn up for full military assault into Afghanistan to destroy the Taliban and kill bin Laden. The certification wasn't provided until Bush took office in Janurary 2001. The Bush administration was given the completed battle plans and the certification, but did nothing for the following eight months before Al Qaeda attacked America on 9-11. That's the rub.

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif Glug, glug, glug.....Crux, you need a Kool-Aid bong just to get it all down! History is being rewritten as we speak, and you're just one of the messenger boys. What a tool.

Pre 9/11/01:

Bush = 8 months

Clinton = 8 years

...and prior to Clinton there was 4 years of another Bush during which the US bases were established in Saudi Arabia, which pissed off Osama. And the 8 years prior to that saw Reagan and his VP Bush and some guy named "Rumsfeld" selling WMDs to a guy named Saddam, and around and around it goes... cantfocus.gif

Pre 9/11/01:

Bush = 8 months

Clinton = 8 years

You, Sir, are a pandering bandwagon jumper who fails in every way to use his brain in a generous manner.

You represent to me, on this board, by your comments, the smart but mindless Cowboy Jingoism that led us to this clusterfuck.

I don't care if you respond, because I am using the ignore feature on your well-educated (I am sure), but still, somehow idiotic ass.

the_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

Pre 9/11/01:

Bush = 8 months

Clinton = 8 years

You, Sir, are a pandering bandwagon jumper who fails in every way to use his brain in a generous manner.

You represent to me, on this board, by your comments, the smart but mindless Cowboy Jingoism that led us to this clusterfuck.

I don't care if you respond, because I am using the ignore feature on your well-educated (I am sure), but still, somehow idiotic ass.

the_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

wave.gifcry.gifyelrotflmao.gif

...and prior to Clinton there was 4 years of another Bush during which the US bases were established in Saudi Arabia, which pissed off Osama.

What a canadian thing to say. Are you really trying to proclaim that 9/11 was our fault? If so - fuck off.

And the 8 years prior to that saw Reagan and his VP Bush and some guy named "Rumsfeld" selling WMDs to a guy named Saddam... cantfocus.gif
WMD's?? I'm sure you can cite mainstream sources? Saddam's WMD programs were mostly of German and Russian origin. His conventional arms were mostly of French and Russian origin. I have never heard credible claims that we supplied WMD's to Saddam/Iraq. Did you just make this up? ...like your Gingrich story?

...What a canadian thing to say. Are you really trying to proclaim that 9/11 was our fault? If so - fuck off.

It's the fault of the misguided and hypocritic american foreign policy of the last 50+ years. When you continually stick your nose when it does not belong, cater to self serving business interests, subjugate entire populations to the ravages of war to advance your political doctrine, eventually some group is going to say enough is enough, get their act together and engage you..

http://www.krysstal.com/democracy_whyusa02.html

Check out the links that since 1947 USA has engaged in 158 acts of invasion, military action, election finance, economic coersion, sanctions, covert action, assasination, political coersion, bombing or military aid in other countries.

That doesn't seem to promote democracy to me.

While I'm sorry for the loss of life your country experienced, there is much more innocent blood on your hands. And until the 2nd american revolution happens and your country returns to the ideals that were once the envy of the world, more carnage will come your way.

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Are you really serious? That website is the work of a marginally educated 10th grader. I especially like the classification of our 2001/2002 military action in Afghanistan: "to gain control of central asian oilfields" - or some such nonsense. rolleyes.gif BTW, hasn't Canada played a pretty active role there since day one? Guess all that oil shale isn't panning out for you all, eh? Snort, snort.

edit....breaking news! It now appears that in 1950 The United States was guilty of attacking the sovereign nation of Colombia with Food Aid. And the sole reason we went to Korea in 1950 was to "Kill Civilians". Amazing stuff I didn't previously know....really! rolleyes.gif

Go suck a choad you leftist Canadian punk. What a fucking dumbass.

Edited by Fairweather

The United States Senate Banking Committee report of 1994 May 25 and The United States Department of Commerce report of 1991 March 11 explicitly confirm that Iraq attained its supply of WMDs in the form of disease-producing and poisonous agents from the United States in 1985 and succeeding years and that over $1.5 billion in potential ("dual-use") support material and technology was licensed for export and provided to Iraq from the United States prior to 1991. The 1991 Commerce Department listings of exported items are detailed and exhaustive, as are the Senate Banking Committee accounts of WMDs supplied to Saddam Hussein during the Iran/Iraq war.

I have never heard credible claims that we supplied WMD's to Saddam/Iraq. Did you just make this up? ...like your Gingrich story?

This is old, old news. Gotta move from the Fox reporting to real life stuff.

According to a Senate Committee Report of 1994 [1]: From 1985, if not earlier, through 1989, a veritable witch's brew of biological materials were exported to Iraq by private American suppliers pursuant to application and licensing by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Amongst these materials, which often produce slow, agonizing deaths, were: Bacillus Anthracis, cause of anthrax. Clostridium Botulinum, a source of botulinum toxin. Histoplasma Capsulatam, cause of a disease attacking lungs, brain, spinal cord and heart. Brucella Melitensis, a bacteria that can damage major organs. Clotsridium Perfringens, a highly toxic bacteria causing systemic illness. Clostridium tetani, highly toxigenic. Also, Escherichia Coli (E.Coli); genetic materials; human and bacterial DNA. Dozens of other pathogenic biological agents were shipped to Iraq during the 1980s.

The Senate Report pointed out: "These biological materials were not attenuated or weakened and were capable of reproduction." "It was later learned," the committee revealed, "that these microorganisms exported by the United States were identical to those the United Nations inspectors found and removed from the Iraqi biological warfare program."

These exports continued to at least November 28, 1989 despite the fact that Iraq had been reported to be engaging in chemical warfare and possibly biological warfare against Iranians, Kurds, and Shiites since the early 80s.

Source: "U.S. Chemical and Biological Warfare-Related Dual Use Exports to Iraq and their Possible Impact on the Health Consequences of the Persian Gulf War," Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs with Respect to Export Administration, reports of May 25, 1994 and October 7, 1994.

Please remember the Republicans need terrorists.

Republicans have been searching for somebody to be labeled as "bad guys" since the communists are no longer in power to feed the military war machine.

The "war on terror" is about money to maintain happy contractors. So is the Iraq war.

Its sad. But in the end it is true.

Still don't know why Bush Administration did absolutely nothing as a retalitary strike to the USS Cole and say, "Hey bud (Al Quaida), I am in power now, so don't be messing with this administration around."

yeah, right. Keep oversimplifying the political motivations and belief systems of your opponents. It will make you feel better about yourself, and, oh so much smarter than those with whom you disagree. rolleyes.gif

Then by your logic, I should not oversimplify or generalize thatDemocrats raise taxes and Republicans reduce taxes.

Then by your logic I should not oversimplify or generalize that Republicans are conservative and Democrats are liberal.

I should not oversimplify or generalize that Democrats tend to implement more government programs and Republicans want less government programs.

Here is Murray's original quote:

"And the 8 years prior to that saw Reagan and his VP Bush and some guy named "Rumsfeld" selling WMDs to a guy named Saddam, and around and around it goes..."

Murray's quote states that Reagan, Bush Sr, and Rumsfeld "sold WMD's" to Iraq. Clearly they did not. So some american companies may have sold biological materials to Iraq - and virtually every other university/lab/nation on earth. The stuff was probably available in catalogs along with euthanized cats! Lets be real here - selling a bottle of bleach that is subsequently used in some weaponized concoction does not a WMD peddler make.

Lets be real here - selling a bottle of bleach that is subsequently used in some weaponized concoction does not a WMD peddler make.

Post 1979 Tehran hostage ordeal and standoff with the Ayatollah...followed by the brutal Iran-Iraq war...how preposterous could it be that the US would pick sides, and choose Saddam and Iraq as the lesser of two evils? I doubt even Reagan could have foreseen the conflict we have today. The politics of the day coupled with the picture of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam speaks volumes, but why is it a surprise?