BD...my heroes!

marcus

Called BD this week about my one poon lost on Nooksack Tower last month - kind of a 'hail mary' before I plopped down $$ for a replacement pair. They dug a spare out and shipped it to me gratis that same day.

Often hear about high-priced toys, poor R&D etc., but they were pretty effin' cool to this kid today.

Thanks for letting me share...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say they have been sweet to me too.

I do wish they would listen to me and make the Status glove with a synthetic palm. The "waterproof" pittards leather is f*cking frozen by the morning of day two. What am I suppose to do with that? Oh yeah, put some stretch around the knuckles of any glove shell.

Customer since 92 and I still like and own much of their gear.

Jedi

Hey Marcus did you ask them for the BD complimentary downgrade? yellaf.gif

Actually I've had plenty of good experiences with BD to offset a few bad ones.

Between my old Prophets, and Cobras, I've sent my tools back 3 times to have the rubber grips glued back on or replaced. All three times were the result of Alaska Range action- desperate snow climbing. The QC guy once told me, when I suggested they come up with a composite grip (as CM and Grivel have) that the Cobras "weren't meant for alpine climbing" confused.gif but that they'd warranty them anyway rolleyes.gif

Boxing gloves- word. The old "Verglas Plus", which now is essentially what is called the "Element", remain my favorite ice climbing gloves. The only problem is, they aren't waterproof, so each pair requires a full on seam grip treatment. The plus side to that is the gloves are kind of grippy afterwards. (I know...aid.)

Anyway, when they do get something right it's always right on and I'm still a customer.

Jedi master, you coming north to slay another one?! I knew you wouldn't stay away long. thumbs_up.gif

hestras are expensive as fuck and actually not that dextrous, jong.

thank you name dropping mall drink provider. WTF cares how cool their test program is if they still release shit that breaks? Run along and put your carnie costume backon.

Cloudveil gloves are where it's at.

Between my old Prophets, and Cobras.....

Boxing gloves- word. The old "Verglas Plus",

Jedi master, you coming north to slay another one?! I knew you wouldn't stay away long. thumbs_up.gif

No kidding Mark, they will re-glue the rubber on the shaft??? Man, I could ditch the duct tape!!

The Verglass is too narrow to fit my wide hands. If they put some stretch across the back of the hands, it would be MY #1 glove.

Oh yeah, I hope to arrive in Talkeetna in mid May. I could not find anyone for the I Spur or the south side of Hunter. I did find a guy interested in the Cassin so I hope to have the opportunity to give it a shot. I'm saving up my good Karma.

I still would like to try a new line on Hunter but the line I have eyeballed would probably require too much aid and a willing partner. The Cassin will be fun.

Gonna be in the Range next summer??

• 2 weeks later...

I recently sent my 2 year old Zenix IQ headlamp back. It would not "acknowledge" new batteries. The low battery light just stayed on.

Anyway, it was something that was happening more and more but I just knew they would get it and it would NOT show "symptoms" of going bad. Kinda like that new, weird sound your car now makes but the mechanic can't hear it.

They checked it out and are sending new a new light.

Sweet!!!!!

Jedi

I'll just throw in my me too.

BD has been awesome for a lot of repair/replacements over the years. My Bibler has been in a few times for tabs coming off and they've gone over it with a fine toothed comb, replacing and repairing everything that could be attributed to construction or material problems.

They've also replaced a few poles (ski, megamid) that have broken. When my pack straps got blown out w/ my little avalanche incident they sent a bunch of new buckles. When the clippers tore out of the waist belt they sent a new belt.

Great gear and great service. thumbs_up.gif