• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mikeadam

Looking for Oregon climbing friends

Does anyone know Matt Cannum who worked at Janzten beach REI or Don Gonthier? These were my two main climbing partners from fall 96 to spring of 97. Please email me at mikeadam@microsoft.com

Mike, I don't know either of those guys, but I can try to ask around. It's a fairly small, of not tight, community around here (Portland).

For what it's worth, your name startled me. I actually know a guy from here named Mike Adamson that used to be a member of PMR!

Cool~and thanks. I was hoping that someone would take up the cause.

I know that Matt lived in Gresham and Don lived in Oregon city. Don also worked part time as a climbing instructor at one of the community colleges in Oregon city (I think), and was friends with R. McGowan (sp).

Also Matt wrote an article for Climbing magazine right after the Leavenworth fire in 94. The article featured a picture of Don holding a charred up rope they ditched at the base of Snow Creek Wall trying to escape the blaze.

I also know they used to climb with another guy named Marty, and a girl that used to work at the climbing gym near Beaverton (which I don't know if it is still there).

I know it's not much, but like you say the community is small so there must be someone that knows them.

[This message has been edited by mikeadam (edited 11-13-2000).]

I know Don, Matt and Marty. Don has passed, Matt moved to DC and Marty is still in the area, around Mr Hood area I think. You can find Matt on facebook.