Hardcopy colour TRIM (1:20K) Maps

snoboy

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's relevant for GPS use. TRIM I features are often out of position by 100m or more. All the GPSed positions of creeks in the block I was in on Friday, were showing up on TRIM ridges instead of in TRIM gullies because the TRIM contours were in the wrong place. Same with cliffs and other useful features.

Paper maps are on the way out anyhow. Downloaded maps to palm or GPS are gonna be the new standard pretty soon. I havent used a NTS map in over a year.

NTS is brutal...I agree. I change my all my GPS'd positions in Road Eng. by 50 to 100m....you are right about that. Very specific Riparian Management needs to be hand traversed for this reason....so TRIM 2 will have a use for commercial pratices I guess.

Using a GPS to find your way around in mountainess terrain is not cool. Anyone who needs this should stick to trails or learn to use a compass and map. I don't think I would like to look at a 3cmx4cm map on my GPS anyway....I like those shitty TRIM sheets that are all black and white. But that's me.

(sorry for the thread drift sno)

I've been carrying the 1:20K TRIM maps since last fall, and the Pick 4 sheets since early summer. The maps look great, and because of the relief shading the Pick 4s are almost like a scale model rather than a map sheet. I've got three Pick 4s dry-mounted in the store for display - they're beautiful.

Clover Point are one of the easiest suppliers to deal with that I've come across in quite a while.

Clover Point are one of the easiest suppliers to deal with that I've come across in quite a while.

That is a big endorsement. wink.gifthumbs_up.gif I also had good, prompt service both via email and on the phone. I finalized my order by phone on Friday after lunch, and was told that they would be in the mail that day!

I could of bought them from you if I'd known...

Is there micro terrain that relevent that anyone would feel needs a larger scale?

If it was accurate it might be useful for skiing. :shrug: