Hey you! New to cc.com? Read this!

Alpinfox

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those new, it pays to master the subtle-but-not-so-subtle chestbeat. It is a delicate balance because you want to avoid being accused of such, but at the same time you can leave no doubt that you are the muthafukin man.

So for example when someone posts a TR about some difficult line, your response should be, "Great line, isn't it?" or something to that extent. This makes it clear that you have climbed said line before the person, yet you have ammunition in case someone accuses you of an attempted stealth cheastbeat. This can backfire if the line isn't that great. The possibilities are really endless.

I go to minnesotaclimbing.com for my climbing info. They do stuff none of you people have done... or, thought of!

And, there's this rad guy there that sounds like he's climbed a lot; he talks knowingly and glowingly about Mt. Squamish.

He says this website is nothing but Newbies.

I have to admit, until recently, I thought when he refered to you all as "Newbies", that meant you were all followers of Newb Gingrich.

Sorry, CBS, its a cc.com stock Avatar - been to lazy to actually add one. Or maybe you all just have waaay more time on your hands. It'll be my shoulder season project when it is too wet to climb, not enough snow to ski. Either that or ordering materials from Focus on the Family. No wait...I'm not taking a chance...if it turns out there really is a God, you guys are soooo going to hell for that.