pdx ice festival???

vert

Hey John, if you are going to make a nice poster with sponsors names on them for the Ice Festival, you may want to spell the companies' names correctly!!!! Or at least check for typos before sending stuff to publications like Willamette Week...... yelrotflmao.gifHave fun. I will be at a wedding in new Haven, CT so will not be able to attend. Where is that drytooling pic from under the bridge? rockband.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally 100% Free

Free entry

Free beer

Free gear demo

Free comp

Any and all money you choose to spend on gear raffles goes to the Access Fund (unless of course you are spending your money across the street at Union Jacks wink.gif)

Yer making it difficult to be my usual selfish, solo climbing stuckup alone self.

Might have to show. Except I said I'd be at Beacon. Gotta show up and say hi to a few folks (like Gary Rall and the hound though)

You OK if I go do real climbing and then come by for the free beer and social hour?

What time you done?

God I'm an ass -sorry.

ps, Oly, without the multitudes, everyones climbing experince should be higher, try not to sound so hurt.

Edited by billcoe

You OK if I go do real climbing and then come by for the free beer and social hour?

What time you done?

Of course Bill! In fact most people coming are coming only for the beer! bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

And the whole thing is a fundraiser for the Access Fund... you can feel good about that can't you? wave.gif

Gary is kicking us out at 10 pm

TR. No need for lead/belay cards wave.gif

PRG employee "Smokey McWeede" talking to late, drunk registrant for PDX Ice Fest

"I'm sorry Mr.Steve-House-Who-Climbed-Nanga-Parbat-And-Shit...

We don't allow climbing above 8ft without certification that you are a competent climber. Don't worry though, I can check ya out real quick.

Here.

Hold this Gri-Gri."

thumbs_up.gif

PRG employee "Smokey McWeede" talking to late, drunk registrant for PDX Ice Fest

"I'm sorry Mr.Steve-House-Who-Climbed-Nanga-Parbat-And-Shit...

We don't allow climbing above 8ft without certification that you are a competent climber. Don't worry though, I can check ya out real quick.

Here.

Hold this Gri-Gri."

thumbs_up.gif

I COULD SO SEE THAT HAPPENING CHAPS! yelrotflmao.gif

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

58 people preregistered as of noon today

(bigdrink.gif)^58

hahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifcantfocus.giffruit.gif

And we have 2 ropes now (1 9.8 70m and a pair of 8.5 twins) for the raffle now! Bring some cash if you want to enter the raffle for all the other stuff (the preregister raffle that you are entered into if you send an email to pdxicefestival@gmail.com is free but all the other ones require a donation)!

Other Access Fund Raffle stuff:

Arc Teryx Jacket

Patagonia Jacket

Patagonia Long Underwear

Gift Certificates

Schwag

etc etc etc

Free Beer

ALL proceeds go to the Access Fund!

bigdrink.giffruit.gifbigdrink.giffruit.gifbigdrink.gif

Hope to see you there! snugtop.gifthumbs_up.gifrockband.gifwazzup.gif

If you just plan on just hanging out bring yourself, some cash if you plan on entering the raffles, a happy face and an extra liver for all the bigdrink.gif. If you have sent an email to pdxicefestival@gmail.com then you are already entered in the raffle for the 9.8 70m Monster. If you have not sent an email yet and wouldn't mind a new rope I would encourage you to do so! wazzup.gif

If you plan on climbing bring: a harness, helmet, rock shoes and ice tools (though you can always just use the demo tools). Chalk bag would be wise but I'll let you decide that one smile.gif

If you plan on demoing some crampons (BD and Petzl will have all their crampons there) and/or boots (Vasque and La Sportiva will have some boots there) bring either your boots or plan on using some of the demo boots for the crampon demo. Regardless bring a pair of mountaineering socks... unless you climb in white tube socks. yellaf.gifpitty.gifwink.gif

If you plan on competing make sure you bring an excuse for why you got your butt kicked in case you do hahaha.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifwazzup.gif

And being that frankly a surprising number of females have preregistered for this event... I'd say more than are on this website... a clean shirt and a shave might not hurt yellaf.gifwink.gifthumbs_up.gif

See you all there! wave.gif