my opinions of CC.com

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did get flack for my Vesper TR...

you did? I don't see it.

...I've also read some TRs from the "self-lovers" (that were nothing but chest beating) that I thought for sure would draw serious fire, and folks were pretty gracious and complimentary.

An example please?

...some in this community can be so ... gracious to some narcissistic, chest-beating tool.

An example please?

-Self-loving-narcisistic-tool-chestbeatingFox

I've also chatted a bit with some other CCers and learned for the most part not to take anything too seriously, and to feel free to completely ignore the comments from some. .

AF - it wasn't my intention to name names, nor to call out any paricular person but I believe my non-answer to your question was actually embedded in my post moon.gif

Dude's this site is for PURE entertainment! Nothing else! We all are tools for even trying to be cool on this site. Climber have been climbing for years without the use of beta from the internet. Why do we all feel nessasary to spray about all our trips?

Although I like to look at pics of climbs I have done or what to do. I guess Im a tool too!

PS: you to RuMR!

Well, this thread speaks for itself. I thank those of you who gave useful contributions, and I thank those of you who have identified yourselves to be ignored.

I still think that the board could be friendlier to newer people, but it sounds like there's no changing things, until you old-time sprayers get tired of spraying.

I don't think you are correct there, CJ. Certainly, some people will post whether or not they are going to be flipped a bunch of crap, so maybe you mean traffic volume is not necessarily directly related to spray tolerance? You don't really mean that nobody could ever be discouraged by how their posts are received - do you?

mattp-

I've spent almost 10 years on web forums.Like clockwork everycouple of years on a forum people bitch about it declining, and the spray or whatever driving people away. Sometimes they change something (heavier moderation, memberships, etc), sometimes they don't. Sometimes the members respond to these tactics, sometimes they don't. The best predictor of 'content', in my experience, is user activity. The more people who use the forum, the more content there is. I'm not saying you can't garden to modify the ratio slightly; but it's only slight.

Exactly. This is just how it is.