Bailey Range?

payaso

I was thinking about doing a leisurely 3 day 2 night trip to climb Mt Carrie this weekend and am looking for a little beta. Anyone been around there yet this year? Any preferences to entering via the Elwha river TH, or the Sol Duc Hotsprings TH? I heard there is a traverse with a bit of exposure between Cat Peak and Mt Carrie which could be interesting under heavy snow cover. All the info I've seen is from people doing this in September or something. My friend will be new to the use of the ice axe so we might be biting off more than we should chew. Gracias. [big Drink]

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I think the catwalk would go with snow but I wouldn't take a newbie - too hairball.

I also went in September a few years ago. The catwalk is exposed but not that bad - and I'm a real chicken. However, with snow? I'd do it with snow but I'm not a newbie.

If you have a newbie on board then I suggest you do the seven lakes basin loop with a summit of Bogachiel Peak. That would be top of the world stuff. Its no gimme, though. It will be quite a strenuous hike this time of year. But boy, it would be beautiful and quite an accomplishment.

Anyway, my two cents.

-Dox