Ramona Falls wall beta?

Kevin_Matlock

Suppose this post could go in "rock climbing" or "oregon", but oh well....

Has anyone climbed at the 1/4 mile long crag on the longer leg of the Ramona Falls loop? Some of the rock looks shitty but other sections look like it would go (if you can handle the 2 mile trail approach).

Anyone know if this area has a name other than " the 1/4 mile long crag on the longer leg of the Ramona Falls loop "? cantfocus.gif

Beta anybody?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone back and forth on this. Part of me wants to schlep some gear there and see what lines might exist, and part of me asks the pragmatic question "since this is a super popular trail, and if the rock was good, why isn't this place packed with climbers?".

I'd be curious to know the answer.

-r

part of me asks the pragmatic question "since this is a super popular trail, and if the rock was good, why isn't this place packed with climbers?".

I'm just guessing, but this has GOT to be due to the fact that many sportOs don't like more than, say, a 10 minute "approach" to the crag of their choice. I mean, some of the hardest pullers seem to be the laziest people! rolleyes.gif

I guess I fall into the other category of "dumb enough to hike for miles with heavy gear just to pick off a 5.2".

Luckily for me I suck at technical climbing so I don't realize what I'm missing. smirk.gif

enelson - PMs