Ski Suggestions

coug4

So… I'm getting back into it after a few years (has it really been a decade) and would like to get some gear suggestions. I was a decent all-mountain skier in the day and would like to get something with some performance. I like it steep and/or the bumps but I would also like to get into backcountry skiing.

Last year I moved to Bozeman and got out once on some rentals -- I believe they were Atomic. Kind of a gold color with clear coat on top so you could see the fiberglass weave (anyone recognize the description). They were excellent in the bumps, a little squirrelly on the flats and might have been a little small for the unconsolidated stuff.

I know, I know there isn’t a perfect ski for everything but maybe there are some that might be worth looking at. BTW I’m 5’8” and 135-140 pounds.

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you pick up a copy of the Freeskier gear-guide they had a pretty good summary of all of the skis out there.

Having said that, if you are looking for one ski that does everything pretty well, you should look into the Rossignol Scratch BC. Sounds like a pretty good match for what you're looking for.

Maye you were using the old Atomic R:ex? It's still a great ski for just about everything. Very similar rebranded atomics are the TM:X, which show up as blue and yellow. Both are discontinued but often show up in the Atomic line as different skis depending on the year.

14162_l.jpg