Cinderella Peak (Twin Sisters Range) Beta??

slamole

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to figure out what peak is what back there. So pretend you're on route.

You just summed up my climbing philosophy!! cool.gif

Pretty area. Last I heard the gate is closed indefinitely, with various explainations as to why.

One of the main reasons for the gate closures is because of illegal trash dumping. I did a story years ago about the epidemic of illegal dumping back in the area. Somebody actually dumped the corpse of a horse up there hellno3d.gif. Disgusting. Some of the worst I've seen was up by Baker Lake. It makes one feel that people should have to pass an IQ test in order to get fitted with opposable thumbs!! madgo_ron.gif

The "geonerd" thing doesn't work anymore, I tried when I was a student (I wasn't a geology student) and asked professors w/in the department, including one who put up a first ascent in the range. I've called the logging company that owns the land and Olivine Corp. based in B'ham. The problem for gates, is correct, illegal garbage dumping (according to them anyway). Also, they probably don't want people around there expensive ass mining equipment. They've been doing some mining near Daily Prairie fairly recently. I'm not sure what the current issue is with the S. Access, one of my buddies from Mt. Vernon said (this was a few months ago) that there are gates (that are manned) but that they will grant you access. I've never accessed that way, so this is just 2nd hand information. Access to the entire Sisters Range can be tricky.

Olivine Corp won't give out keys for the north gate because of concerns of dumping and vehicle traffic during mining operations.

The private timber land once owned by Crown Pacific is now owned by three companies: Hamilton Tree Farms, Sierra Pacific, and a third I don't know. The SP forester told me this past winter that the three companies had agreed to keep private vehicle access to a minimum in order to keep the companies from interfering with each other's operations. The old "geonerd" trick doesn't work anymore either.

But if you look at a map, you shouldn't need to access Cinderella from the west side at all...

From the Elbow Lake trailhead you could shwack straight up the Green Creek drainage per Mythic Wall etc.

A slightly longer but more scenic approach is to follow the trail almost to Elbow Lake the schwack up to the crest of the sisters divide. Good camping between the tarn and Wiseman(?) Lake. Drop down to the start from the edge of the Green Creek Glacier.

I did this route a few years ago when the south entrance was open. used mtn bikes for an hour, then reasonable approach thru woods. the route itself was a disappointment. average quality at best. West ridge of N Twin a much better climb for less effort. My partner thought the same. I think there was some "1st ascent euphoria" involved in the comments in Red Fred.

I did this route a few years ago when the south entrance was open. used mtn bikes for an hour, then reasonable approach thru woods. the route itself was a disappointment. average quality at best. West ridge of N Twin a much better climb for less effort. My partner thought the same. I think there was some "1st ascent euphoria" involved in the comments in Red Fred.

I didn't want to dis a route I've never done, but I thought the same thing upon seeing it. "Oh...hmmmm. Uh, coooooool. Lets....er...go do something else over there now"