Roya'l with cheese

Roscoe_M

Me and my redneck posse from PA are headed up to do some stuff in the Neddels on this comming sweet ass, mf'n, 4 day weekend. Does anyone have any beta such as melt water in suprise basin, anchors, burning ritual suicides, or any such stuff? Have a great long weekend (pardon the Canadian expression). evils3d.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ross,

I assume you mean the Needles, if it were me I'd just leave the rope and rack at home save a bunch of weight. Everything in the needles is like 5.4 or easier, pro is sparse and often sketchy so you'll be running it out anyway. Some sticky rubber might be nice, not manditory tho. Have a great time.

We're talking about the needles above royal basin? The Royal Basin area is gorgeous but the rock is total choss. I second the notion that it's not worth bringing rope/rack out there. If you want to climb rock and you live in the Bham area you'd be better off in the Sisters range (or just about anywhere else). The scrambling up there is cool, though, and Mt Mystery is a bizarre shale hill that's worth walking up.