Mt. Ellinor

climberbro16

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I topped out Sunday at about 3:15. Took the chute.

The snow on the road is so high that most low-clearance vehicles parked before the first creek crossing after the side road; with chains and 4WD I couldn't get past the point between the creek crossings where most trucks have been parking this year.

I went straight up the clearcut ridge. Snowshoes would have been helpful all the way from the car to the meadow (even in the woods), but I made it without--but with a fair amount of post-holing.

Snow was firm and wet; windy at the saddle, socked in at the top. I felt a little silly about going all the way up without bringing a dog food offering for the summit like the party before me. I wonder if the dogs glissaded the chute too?

Arlen

lol.. THat sounds exactly the same conditions that we had. That dog food was still up there? We left some up there for are Black Lab to eat. He didnt eat much.. He shure peeed a lot. Yea.. the dog did glissade a little bit Mostly ran down.. We whent up the same route through the clearcut to. Thats the best route.. Saves mucho time from the lower trailhead. We had sun at the summit though. There was a sea of clouds it was cool. [Wazzup]

[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: climberbro16 ]

• 1 month later...