The good wifes guide.

fear_and_greed

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why the frown.gif because this is awful.

someone gave me a copy of this right before I got married ... i assumed they were joking.

a good wife always knows her place? isn't that at the office? climbing? on top? at the spa? i'm so confused confused.gif

what does the wife actually get out of this?

Be happy to see him. ...what the hell kind of insight is this? duh.

hmmm... the 50s were weird

i don't judge them by todays standards. i still think it's trite even by 50s standards. who on earth would write and publish that drivel. good grief. it's not as though there are any earth shattering insights there.

still doesn't change the fact that the 50s were weird

Back off, Feline/Avian Chair!

I'M LIBERATED NOW!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!

Hepburn_Audrey.jpg

"And furthermore..."

starhawk2.jpg

"Hey Catbird....get your 5.7 butt into the kitchen and make me a sammich!"

FUKitty.jpg

"Look! There's pictures of girls in the new edition of "Freedom of the Hills!....are you licking that spoon again? Back off, you little freak..."

seetoc1.gif

P.S. The '50's were what they were. Lots of people found life pleasant back then and some didn't. Our present society sure is lame, confused and violent!

you are sooooooooooo wrong!

see the difference

he can feed me...

fuck me...

and leave me alone...but only occasionally

all those dots at the end of your sentences actually mean something its like morse code confused.gif

Men are easy and women are ......

Ladies...

Are you thinking about getting married?

You should know that there are three things that every man wants when he comes home from work:

1) a clean house

0743504925.jpg

2) a warm meal

Kitchen_Babe.jpg

3) a piece of this

bg_pic_fishtail.jpg

92987376_6ad10a7d57_m.jpg

hwhale_conlin.tail.jpg

If you can't provide these things, hubby ain't gonna be happy and neither will you.

Can we guess at what some of the husbands occupation were? Let's try and match up some the lines...

Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Encourage the children to be quiet____Bomb disposal expert.

Don't complain if he's late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work____ Mob enforcer.

Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice_____G-force man/rocket sled tester.

The gooder wife's guide:

Feed him

Fuck him

and leave him alone.

Easy enough.

that is brilliant. grin.gif

I want to know what advice you would give to a husband. if it is as brilliant we need to write a book and go on the road trouring and saving american marridges. cool.gifbigdrink.giffruit.gif

I want to know what advice you would give to a husband. if it is as brilliant we need to write a book and go on the road trouring and saving american marridges.

I think based in the sheer simplicity of this thinking, Arch should simply sell flash cards.

i don't judge them by todays standards. i still think it's trite even by 50s standards. who on earth would write and publish that drivel. good grief. it's not as though there are any earth shattering insights there.

Who would publish it?! Geez, trite drivel is thriving business. Flip through a Cosmo or other chick mag. The specific advice may have changed in 50 years, but its still all trite drivel.