[TR] Mongo Ridge-W.Fury F.A.- VI-5.10- 8/28/2006

wayne

• 7 years later...

Yeah the weather last year was excellent and stable. Wish I felt ready for it last year! Maybe I can pick your brain about it at some point this year? Jason, it feels like every time I look at it it gets farther and farther away! No joke indeed!

I was wondering about Goodell Creek.... Such an aesthetic approach on a map, but what kind of schwack would that entail?

Shwack? Mega. I have to say its not just the approach, you would still have to get down too. Easiest way down is back to the East Fury and then Access Creek.

re: Goodell: There is an extra cliff band guarding the start down there too, The Beckey Guide photo also points out a waterfall. The "direct start" would add another 500+ feet on to an already large task.

• 7 years later...

Yes, they should have a report up soon! The only caveat is they did not summit the pole of remoteness but they are the first people to do the whole ridge in one day! Cheers to the conquerors!:very_metal::brew:

Edited by wayne
  • Like 1