The best climbing movie EVER?

mtnrgr

After baking all day in the Texas heat. I went to the video store to find some entertainment. What did I find? Eiger Sanction? nope. Cliff Hanger? No, shirtless Rocky action. K2? If only I was that lucky.

No, the new greatest mountaineering film of all time is SUBZERO. Think the best parts of Vertical Limit (bad CG veiws of K2,nitroglycerin, and the fall in the beginning) and a bad C+ straight to video army flick (like US Navy Seals). Speaking of Vertical Limit, they stole footage from it.

The best climbing moves are a simul aid and jug on one rope, and a crawl across a flat snow field with ice axe assistance.

For your classical sterotype there is a tortured with guilt Buddhist monk/climber. The black "greatest point man on earth" dies in base camp making coffee.

Well. everyone enjoy the HCL.gif and bigdrink.gif. I can't wait to get out of this hell hole.

Edited by mtnrgr

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Take to the limit is still the winner for the best movie ever. The rap song willbe stuck in your head forever! Even better, the shot from the cover of the movie never appears in the film itself. The movie hits a climax with their top roping contest.

One movie review says:

You must watch this because it is so bad. My climbing buddies and I watched this and laughed our asses off for a week afterward. Now, the movie's cheesy one-liners are part of our everyday lingo. It is the cult movie of climbing: the one that everybody loves to hate. The movie makes no sense. The climbing makes no sense. This is why it's hilarious. Oh, and also because they have a hilarious scene with a bear, which is so poorly done that it's obvious that the footage came from some other source. Oh, and I almost forgot the theme song to the movie, which I can guarantee you will be singing every time you go climbing: "Take it to the limit-limit, got to doit-doit...Watch this movie tonight, or better yet, "Screw this, let's go top-roping!"