Olympics version of Chumstick Snag

kevin_page

I've been curious whether or not anyone here has been up the Bandersnatch. Up the Bandersnatch. Spray here, now. Seriously dumb thing to go after but it was my first 5th class lead/climb. Whats worse you have to pass by a cool climb of Mt. Stone to get there. Anyway, we rated it 5.6 and I've wondered since if that was'nt ego-elevated beyond it's actual difficulty or is it a bonafide lavabag.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Owski, I just want somebody to help end my embarassment. The climb went into the guidebook, probably over-rated. Like I said, it was my first 5th class lead/climb so did'nt have any experience to go by in giving it a number. So, if you're willing to pack a rope and a few pieces up about 4,000ft elev. for a two pitch obscure spire please let me know what you think it should be rated. Thanx.

quote:

Originally posted by Szyjakowski:
its pronounced she-A-KOW-ski...not OWSKI [ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: Szyjakowski ]

Rope Lead Member # 1656 posted 02-08-2002 10:48 PM posted by she-A-KOW-ski-----------------------------------------------brodyosprodyget alife man...before this site was online, what did you do to go climbing....grabbed a book maybe...checked the weather maybe...just went for it...i guess not.when are you gonna figure it out...all climbers are selfish and have mouth that will run off bullsheit so frequently that no one can blame these guys for posting all the great oneliners...slander and overall funny experiences climbing related or not. This site is perfect just the way it is...and if you think by crying to these homees your gonna get them to change...wow... you should probably think of wasting your time in more productive ways..My hats off to all slander and spray as thats what make climbers climbers and babies go whaaaaa!!!Whaaa!!!! OBRODYOYyoYUppie, I repeat get a life

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: kevin page ]