K2 AT 8611 Ascent Ski questions:

Arc

Whats the story with this ski?

Has anyone here ever used a pair?

I am planning to buy a pair just to skin from hut to hut, and perhaps make a few rounds from Paradise to Muir this winter.

Just wondering if I huck off of something, if this ski would shatter or whatever...lol!

Anyway..Sounds like a nice deal for 200 bux for a pair of light 167's.

Well perhaps someone could discourage me, or encourage the deal.....

Let me know..

Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have these skis mounted with Dynafits. I'm a crappy reviewer, but they work great. They're light so you barely notice they're on your pack (or your legs), and they ski just fine on the way down. I think I saw a review a while back on www.telemarktips.com that is more detailed. Durability wise, I haven't had any problems with them and have about 40 bc days on them. Hope this helps.

Thanks alot Camilo.

I just wanted to hear if anyone has used them and not broken them...lol

I plan to get a set of 167's to just be a bit lighter than my normal pair of 176's, and will be using a pair of Fritschi Express binders, and should be good with that for an occasional jaunt up the hill.

I appreciate your input~!

I've had a pair for 5 months or so. I first skied them with Fritschis for 3-4 mellow tours, and then just got them remounted for Dynafits. I'm about 190 lbs, and have the 178 cm size. They get thrown around a good deal on chop (as you'd expect), but I just skied the hell out of them at Timberline, and was very impressed. For a ski that climbs like a dream, they do amazingly well, even some biggish GS turns.

Some of the super short 160 cm Atomics and Dynafit Rando race skis might have some durability issues (I haven't heard of any, but wouldn't be surprised) but the 8611 appears to be well optimized for actual tour skiing.

No doubt Korup.!

I actually have another question:

I found a pair of Blackdiamond Arc Ascents for sale in a 167.....

Would anyone have some input on them as well?

I love to rando on tele skis, and just wondered about this model....sorry about all the inquiries.....just don't wanna make a mistake on a purchase.