[TR] Falls Creek Traverse- From Hoh to North Fork via Tom, Olympus & Queets 8/7/2006

Animal

Climb: Falls Creek Traverse-From Hoh to North Fork via Tom, Olympus & Queets

Date of Climb: 8/7/2006

Trip Report:

Tony, Jason, and myself decided to check out an old 1935 trail up Falls Creek. We used this approach to climb Mt Tom, then Olympus. We then crossed the middle peak of Olympus to camp Pan. Our journies then lead us across the Humes galcier to Queets Basin to climb Mt Queets. We left the awesome high country via the snow finger and hiked out the North Fork of the Quinalt. It was an awesome eight day trip on loose olympic choss. Enjoy some of the pictures.

Edited by Animal

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

PhilU

We hiked up the Hoh to the guard station, then we forded the Hoh, and basically followed elk paths up the west side of Falls Creek, we eventually crossed the creek where it was dry and sunken beneath the boulders, and we stayed on the West side of Ridge of the Gods to White Rock Lakes. It was a little tricky getting down from the lakes to the White Glacier, but goat and elk paths showed the way. From there it was an east ascent of Mt Tom.

Hope this helps, if you have more questions send them to me and I can check this web site more often in the near future!

:brew:

Animal!