What is your favorite Big Wall?

RURP

This is RURP. There are too many stupid topics around now so how about an important one: what is your favorite Big Wall? Tell me why it is so good and what the good part of the climb was but I don't want to hear about what a Big Wall Master you think you are. [laf] I would tell you all about the many Big Walls in my life, but I am too modest so let's hear from other people.

RURP has spoken.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RURP:

Shadup for a minute and quit speaking so I can answer your question.

My favorite Big Wall is the Great Northern Slab at Index. Especially the first pitch although hauling pigs while they drag across the rock and up that gully is really hard. My portaledge is hard to set up on those boulders down at the base and just doesn't sit level. I think big wall climbing is just not for me.

What is your favorite? (thats your opening for chest beating Tarzan)

you forgot to say "This is BIGWALLBIGBALLSROCKY", rocky. and maybe you should have said "hehhhehhe" too. wink.gif" border="0

oh yeah & for Dwayner:

This one is RURP. There are too many stupid topics more thus maintaining, as on significant: what is your large wall of favourite? Do not declare me more, why it is to so good and what was however the good part of the rise, ego, as soon as large Masters wall to hear would like to think itself that you are. I would declare you that completely on many large walls in my lifespan, however me, with to be granted people to thus intend to make us - you. RURP had spoken

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Dru ]

how about this one?

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jeffers_mz/vwp?.dir=/J.+San+Juans+Sept+2001/1+Cow+Creek&.dnm=36+Pinnacle+Wall.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

I call it Pinnacle Wall, about 1400'.

There's a better one around the corner to the left, twice as tall, but the planned 200' rap to get to it turned out to be more like 400' and I didn't have enough rope...

maybe next year.

:-)

quote:

Originally posted by jeffers:
how about this one?

I call it Pinnacle Wall, about 1400'.

There's a better one around the corner to the left, twice as tall, but the planned 200' rap to get to it turned out to be more like 400' and I didn't have enough rope...

maybe next year.

:-)

Pinnacle Slab, maybe. take some crampons and dirt hooks.