The Official Smiffy Rox Tuft Luv......

gapertimmy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

umm, seriously confused.gif? that was it you guys? you all were talking so big about how hard you were going to party this weekend, and all i heard at skull hollow was the hippy drum circle rockband.gif. i met marylou and jens, both totally cool thumbs_up.gif, thanks for the belay device ml blush.gif, but where was everybody else? i guess as somebody new to this site it was first hand experience that most of the stuff said on here is pretty much bull boxing_smiley.gif. hahaha, maybe it was better i didn't meet up with all you "hard party people" cause the early morning climbing was perfect grin.gif.

small turnout this year - the crazy bongo thang was way bigger for sure - i drank for 10 and had a blast hanging out w/ pete, tyler, drew, dan, mike, ica, jens, kevin, timmay and quite a few others whose names i've learned many times and never succesfully remembered

factors that made it small?

a - good weather in the alpine

b - all the cool kids are in washington and don't feel like driving so damn far

c - no beer/centralized scene friday night

d - wa rope up next week

e - crowds ruin climbing (tuff-land was packed saturday but the gorge was sublime and sparsely populated sunday)

fav route of the week - the mines of moria, what a fawking weird-o anomaly! in creaky dank darkness i got trapped under an immense, thin flake just below the chains that rocketed down the chimney when i tried to crawl under it narrowly missing decapitating layton and severing the rope - orc attack!

Good times will come again. Lately Timmy has been pretty busy, and didn't have time to really promote it this year. I'm sure the TuftLove next year will be a blast. We might want to either have Ropeup at a different time, or maybe combine the events for one big party? We'll see.

I couldn't make it down, but thanks for drinking my portion Ivan. bigdrink.gif Sounds like it was a fine time anyway.

Yep it wasn't quite the festival of three years ago, but it was super cool to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Indeed I need to do a better job organizing/promoting.... but for the time being I need to do some drinking (of the left over keg).

That being said, anyone in Bend Friday night (13th), stop by my house for some beer and ski pr0n.

Yep it wasn't quite the festival of three years ago, but it was super cool to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Indeed I need to do a better job organizing/promoting.... but for the time being I need to do some drinking (of the left over keg).

That being said, anyone in Bend Friday night (13th), stop by my house for some beer and ski pr0n.

3 years ago RAWKED. i am sorry i missed this year. even if it was small smile.gif

Hell, I even made it! finally... and then there was not too many there. frown.gif Maybe I should have promoted my going. wink.gif

It was a good weekend of hooking up with old friends though.

Man - beer and ski pr0n sounds like a good idea... too bad it's such a long drive! fruit.gif