Slesse & Rexfd- Nesakwatch Bridge Closed Aug 21-25

G-spotter

There is a sign on da bridge over the Chilliwack River to get to Nesakwatch Creek road saying it will be closed Aug 21-25 while it is removed and replaced. Might make it tricky to get to EITHER Slesse or Rexford during those times.

Also the pocket glacier is still there and dropping chunks although enough of it has gone it looks like you can get to the Bypass without needing tools or crampons.

wave.gifbigdrink.gifsnaf.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it turns out that somebody from my company is the environmental monitor for this bridge replacement. If I was on the ball I could have gotten that job and I'd be out in Nesakwatch Creek all week instead of in teh office spraying.

They are replacing the bridge so that they can haul out, so expect the road to suddenly be 2wd all the way to Rexford trail soon.

I spoke with somebody today who knew something.

The bridge was closed last weekend because the welder didn't arrive until Monday. Welding started on Monday and should be done by now.

The job has to be done by Thursday for fisheries reasons. So the new bridge should be good to go by Friday Sept. 2.

For those of you interested in such matters, the bridge is open. Jaime and I made a quick detour on our return trip last night, to see the progress, and were rather surprised to find it open and passable.

Only speculation, but my guess is that the work was completed Friday. Perhaps Dru-spotter can enlighten us on the actual date of completion . . . .

• 3 weeks later...