Campylobacter

ivan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the spring of 2004 i became quite ill. i was down from april or may til well into august. not just pooing but blood too. i was sure it was cancer and finaly went to the doc. it was some kind of bug i had presumably picked up out somewhere. i feel for you Ivan bigdrink.gif to a speedy recovery!!!!

oh and some one should post a poll about the question about 1 receptical grin.gif

Scary part was shitting out liquid which was exactly the same shade of the gatorade I drank just beforehand.

ha! experienced this distinctly w/ blue jello! watched w/ glee over 12 hours as the shade of shit went from brightest azure to a just off-emerald hellno3d.gif

This has been a hella summer for buggies.

bugalbum-1.jpg

buga1.jpg

Close-up:

seamonster.jpg

I had an unfortunate bout with what I think was G last month.

_PAsnoopdog.jpg

It seems to have cleared itself up, but I'm armed with antibiotics should it change its single-celled mind and return to my bowels.

DARM_1.jpg

lepicol_for_healthy_bowels.jpg

bear%20urinal.jpg

Ick.

starfish.jpg

P.S. I wasn't aware that womens had bowels nor utilized them in the traditional fashion.

So who's slaughtering chickens up at Asgard?

How does food or water get contaminated with Campylobacter?

Many chicken flocks are silently infected with Campylobacter; that is, the chickens are infected with the organism but show no signs of illness. Campylobacter can be easily spread from bird to bird through a common water source or through contact with infected feces. When an infected bird is slaughtered, Campylobacter can be transferred from the intestines to the meat. More than half of the raw chicken in the United States market has Campylobacter on it. Campylobacter is also present in the giblets, especially the liver.

So who's slaughtering chickens up at Asgard?

How does food or water get contaminated with Campylobacter?

Many chicken flocks are silently infected with Campylobacter; that is, the chickens are infected with the organism but show no signs of illness. Campylobacter can be easily spread from bird to bird through a common water source or through contact with infected feces. When an infected bird is slaughtered, Campylobacter can be transferred from the intestines to the meat. More than half of the raw chicken in the United States market has Campylobacter on it. Campylobacter is also present in the giblets, especially the liver.

That's sort of what I was wondering about since the info I'd found on the bug seemed focused on food contamination, although water was listed as a source too.

got a call from the county health department today asking me kindly not to have sex w/ any of the local lifestock if it wouldn't be too inconvenient smile.gif doc on the phone said it's usually spread through eating bird flesh w/ peak infections round x-mas and t-giving HCL.gif WHO website says the bacteria also lives in the gut of mammals too, so all the marmots, goats and chipmonks can well be helping out 'round colchuck

course, this has all really been a cover for my sick, sick fetish of eating raw poultry n' snorting dried bird-shit smile.gif

So I was thinking about all of this & as always trying to decide if I should start filtering my water after many, many years of not doing so & the hygiene thing comes up: If responsible people don't crap down by the stream, how and where, exactly, are people washing their hands or otherwise preventing that mode of transmission of bugs?

So I was thinking about all of this & as always trying to decide if I should start filtering my water after many, many years of not doing so & the hygiene thing comes up: If responsible people don't crap down by the stream, how and where, exactly, are people washing their hands or otherwise preventing that mode of transmission of bugs?
Suppose you have a bag of GORP and you have been grabbing pieces out of it with your unwashed hands. Now, you offer some to your partner, who reaching in the bag with his unwashed hands. That's one scenario I can think of.

Use hand sanitizer gel to clean your hands. Far more effective than hand washing with soap and water and infinately more effective than rinsing your hands in a stream.

Rob- you may have gotten infected with something in Peru and the incubation period covered you until you got home. Happened to me when I went to Nepal when I got some kind of parasite. I got really sick within 24 hours of getting home to the states.