Do you hate Focus On The Family?

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now you can do something about it!

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=54084

REVENGE, BITCH! the_finger.gifmadgo_ron.gifthe_finger.gifmadgo_ron.gifboxing_smiley.gif

I read the hijinx on how to rip-off Focus on the Family. It's about as immature as those folks who "rent" their prom-dresses from Nordstrom's and use the easy return policy to get their money back the next day because "it just didn't fit right". It's a violation of the spirit of their "charity". That ain't protest, that's childish, and although it might make you feel good, it won't change anyone's opinion.

The same folks who do this sort of thing might tell you that they're all about free expression....as long as it's their particular perspective.

You don't like the stance of Focus on the Family? Contribute to or participate in some group that supports your own perspective and if you can sway enough folks, maybe things will go more your way. Ordering their free stuff as a joke or selling it on EBAY is like people who trash political signs or take stacks of campaign literature of an opponent and heave it in the garbage. That's as self-righteous as the guys you don't like.

Childish, I say.

Here's some folks sharing their different viewpoints:

MARRIAGE_RALLY.jpg

Here's a couple of guys discussing the issues:

brokeback_ledger_gyllenhaal.jpg

Here's a young lady with some creativity:

2004_9_panty13.jpg

Not to get into semantics, but I don't consider FOTF a charity - they are a non-profit with their own agenda, much like many of the liberal non-profits out there. They have their view of the world they want their kids to grow up in, and are trying to push attitudes, laws, and values that way, just like the left. Talking about who's right and whose wrong would make this thread longer than it deserves, but I would like to make one comment.

However feel about FOTF, know this. Not all Christians and religious people out there like FOTF, and/or their means and methods, nor do we like to be lumped into that category.....there are lots of shades of conservatives, just like there are lot's of shades of liberals. I'm a Christian conservative, and personally feel that the Bible spends a lot more time talking about feeding the poor than it does about homosexuality - therefore I support non-profits that fight poverty, rather than gay marriage...I guess that makes me a liberal conservative. FOTF will never know that you are selling their material on eBay, or that it's sitting on your shelf as a joke, but they pass along to their donors that the coffers are running low, and that people are snatching up that free material..."send us more money please donor so we can get more books!!!"

So go ahead and spray me if you want, just as long as you continue to read my TRs. I'm getting of tired of clicking my own TR links to get the count up to a respectible level - Please note Vesper Peak - North Face....I'd like to hit at least 800 on this one, and my mouse hand is getting tired.

Edited by ericb

I feel sorry for the brainwashed grandmas fed a steady diet of "American Society is rotting away at it's core and only your donations and prayers that will enable us to do God's work and fight satan" who fund these bigotted, hypocritical asshats like Dobson, but I'm still happy to take some money out of their coffers. I hope it limits their ability to spread their "message" and do their "work".

I don't lump all Christians in with Dobson - most are even dumber. Christian dogma is a fairy tale. Opiate for the masses. Bedtime story for simple minds.

That said, there are some Christians who have done great stuff and have a more sophisticated worldview than God as a vengeful father figure in heaven with a white beard sitting on a throne, and those folks are decent human beings despite their kooky philosophical handicapp.

Not to get into semantics, but I don't consider FOTF a charity.

I meant "charity" in the sense that they are willing to give things (books, etc.) away to people who are interested in what they might have to offer.

That said, there are some Christians who have done great stuff and have a more sophisticated worldview than God as a vengeful father figure in heaven with a white beard sitting on a throne, and those folks are decent human beings despite their kooky philosophy.

Like that kooky Mother Theresa!

mother%20theresa1.jpg

I guess we'll all find out someday!

Yes, Mother Theresa was obviously as good a person as there has been in modern times.

I'd be happy to donate money/time to her work if she were still alive.

p.s. And Raindawg, you are correct that there are more proactive, creative, and meaningful ways that I could combat the message and goals of these bigots, but it's pretty easy for me to click the mouse a few times and (maybe) cause some harm to my enemy in my free time at work.

Wow...you rock....Alpinfox - if clickin the mouse is so easy, how bout pushing my TR over 1K! You can say anything you want about my philosophical handcap, as long as you run up the numbers on my TR.

Will do buddy.

Gotta go eat, then I'll spend the rest of the weekend working on your TR's post count.

Cheers!

Well now you can do something about it!

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=54084

REVENGE, BITCH! the_finger.gifmadgo_ron.gifthe_finger.gifmadgo_ron.gifboxing_smiley.gif

I read the hijinx on how to rip-off Focus on the Family. It's about as immature as those folks who "rent" their prom-dresses from Nordstrom's and use the easy return policy to get their money back the next day because "it just didn't fit right". It's a violation of the spirit of their "charity". That ain't protest, that's childish, and although it might make you feel good, it won't change anyone's opinion.

The same folks who do this sort of thing might tell you that they're all about free expression....as long as it's their particular perspective.

You don't like the stance of Focus on the Family? Contribute to or participate in some group that supports your own perspective and if you can sway enough folks, maybe things will go more your way. Ordering their free stuff as a joke or selling it on EBAY is like people who trash political signs or take stacks of campaign literature of an opponent and heave it in the garbage. That's as self-righteous as the guys you don't like.

Childish, I say.

Here's some folks sharing their different viewpoints:

MARRIAGE_RALLY.jpg

Here's a couple of guys discussing the issues:

brokeback_ledger_gyllenhaal.jpg

Here's a young lady with some creativity:

2004_9_panty13.jpg

Childish? Yeah shure, like thier tactics are any better. Just look at Rove.

Curses...I thought I had successfully hijacked this thread for my own personal gain (run up my TR #'s), but you were way too smart....you saw through me (Vesper Peak - North Face)....and tried to redirect to the question at hand....curses....(click, click, click). Now I'm going to have nightmares about Rove in pasties.