I'm Ken4ord Dammit

ken4ord

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good snaf.gif morning sunshines

Blaaaah!!! Yeah it purty and everything out, but god damn I want to get into the mountains before I have to head back. As the little kid refuses to come out and join this world I am stuck at home. Could be worse I guess.

Late-term sex shows little delivery impact

LINDA SEARING

The Washington Post

PREGNANCY

Late-term sex seems to have little effect on delivery date.

THE QUESTION: With pregnancy come worries, including some about sex. Might having intercourse stimulate labor and hasten delivery?

THIS STUDY followed 200 healthy women from the 36th week of pregnancy until delivery. During this time, 116 women (58 percent) reported having sexual intercourse. At 41 weeks, 93 percent of the sexually active women had delivered their babies, compared with 70 percent of the others. Overall, women who had had intercourse late in pregnancy delivered about four days earlier and were less likely to need to have labor induced than those who had been abstinent . All babies were delivered safely and went home from the hospital with their mothers.

WHO MAY BE AFFECTED BY THESE FINDINGS? Pregnant women, who generally should expect a gestation period of 38 to 42 weeks. Babies delivered earlier are considered premature; labor usually is induced at about 41 or 42 weeks.

CAVEATS: The study involved only pregnant women without complications of any sort; other women may want to ask their doctor.

smileysex5.gif