Who is the Minnehaha bolt cop?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

directly behind the laser cut slab that "OLD POLE" is climbing lies "Fists of Fury", a 15 foot fist crack at 45degrees overhanging.

And just behind that is the bunker where we lay waiting with gopher rifles for those crank- monkeys to come back.

Once I caught some o' dem damned blacktoothed, hillbilly, sumbitches tryin to steal the change out of the ashtray in my chevellle,

swear to god i did.

lucky for them I'm a coward, but next time Donny sez he'll drive his pick-up so he'll have his brasss-knuckles

Hey leearden that's real funny man. last time I was out at Mclellen was with Rob Ditrick, man that guy is crazy!!!! We used to have a football play designed for him called hotrod banana, He won state like three times. I swear to God me and him and stevey winkler were the only ones to throw our caps at graduation. Anyway last time I went out to Mclellen I found one of those tight rope lines fruit.gif I set it up in my yard and was doing flips right in front of my neighbors faces. hahaha.gif

olyclimber's first stop will likely be the Flying J on Sprague.

d00d, as Donnie so defensively pointed out, the Flying J is on broadway. Hit stall #4 for a "happy ending".

Arden, those boldering photo's would be of the place you offered the tour of last year? Looks sick, how about a pic of that overhanging crack you spoke of?

And a pic for the masses...the devil himself...hope he doesn't kite as well as he climbs...

blandderdan_98.sized.jpg

I kind of like the logic of what Steve is raising. What if we formed a local "Advisory Board" for the bolting of local routes. A way to determine what the local consensus is, if there is a consensus, in the local climbing community. Comprise the board of local climbers from all of the contingencies, and rethink some of the bolting practices. Give me a place to argue for bolting the Dihedral, give Steve a place to argue for rebolting the top of Minne, give Dane a place to argue for pulling bolts where he does not like them.

Can anyone come up with a way to create a board that would fairly comprise all climbing mentalities and not just end up a bunch of folks from one camp trying to impose their will upon others?

Just a thought.

Eric Christianson

Steve,

I'm also sorry for the way things turned out, and I was wrong in taken the stand that I did. If I can Help in anyway at all call me. (drill,studs,hangers)

I can't speak for Marty but he's been know to set a route or two in his day and could be a great help in placeing new studs.

Again; I regret Helping spin this thread out of control.

Theres more to the Spokane that just Spray!

We just don't post it. grin.gif

• 1 month later...

isn't there a good tree anchor above those? It's been a while since I looked around up there.

edit: it seems like with the frequency that these are climbed, those bolts aren't likely used for the climbs you mentioned. what gives?

Edited by kurthicks

To the right, proj. Probably v11-12 (so Im told) as a direct start to peter peckerman 5.13a. F-ing hard if you're over 25yrs old or a non dyno master like Donny B.

To the left, a chipped and abandoned proj. (And no I didn't chip this pyle either so F. yourself for even thinking it wankers). And this chipped proj is really hard since all the holds and bolts and stuff ain't there. Good luck and hope you got the wingspan for 10 ft. lockoffs.

Shut up marty, you stole my hold off that route, along with a bag of cheese doodles out of my backpack. Digit specific jaundus my ass, then why aren't your toes yellow marty. That's right I'm asking yah????? You got no right. I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL TAKE A BASEBALL BAT TO THAT BIRDBATH IN YOU r FRONT YARD IFYOU DON'T GIVE ME BACK MY HOLD!!!!!! madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifsnugtop.gif