Smith River valley???

powderhound

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hola- I am from white sulphur springs, in the smith river valley. I can't believe I am seeing this.

There are some cliffs downstream from the town of WSS about 7 or 9 miles, on both sides of the river. Both sides have some chossy fun cliffs on private land. Talk to the nearby Buckinghams or Burns for the river left side or right side access, respectively. They may not be letting folks on anymore....

Much better place to go: Stone Temple Park, it's up in the Castle Mountains that are about 5 miles east of WSS. The rock is much better than that of the valley. Access via grasshopper campground and hike 3 to 5 miles. Many 1 pitch bolted and crack climbs on dome-like batholith granite. Ron Brunckhorst (sp?), a guide in Bozeman who is originally from WSS, put the bolts up. I'm going to be in WSS, august 19 and 20, climbing with family and stuff. It'll be a slow big group, but if you're around i'll show you some of the stuff.

YOu live in that area?