Fall Ropeup Plans

olyclimber

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us new to CC.com:

I think I've got a pretty good picture (aided by actualy pictures) of what the Rope Up consists of, but what's tough love? (hopefully not the cigarette burns I recieved in childhood)

pretty much the same unstructured debauchery thing but at the Grasslands in Smith and no slideshow nonsense. Usually there is a few varieties of donated beer (Terminal Gravity! Triple Bock! hellno3d.gifhahaha.gif) and a big fire. It's usually in mid-to-late October, and coincident scheduling with Canadian Thanksgiving (Oct 9) weekend is nice. Sometimes it rains but Oregonisms don't whine about that possibility as much as Washingtonists when it comes to picking a date moon.gif

I think I've got a pretty good picture (aided by actualy pictures) of what the Rope Up consists of, but what's tough love? (hopefully not the cigarette burns I recieved in childhood)

pretty much the same unstructured debauchery thing but at the Grasslands in Smith and no slideshow nonsense. Usually there is a few varieties of donated beer (Terminal Gravity! Triple Bock! hellno3d.gifhahaha.gif) and a big fire. It's usually in mid-to-late October, and coincident scheduling with Canadian Thanksgiving (Oct 9) weekend is nice. Sometimes it rains but Oregonisms don't whine about that possibility as much as Washingtonists when it comes to picking a date moon.gif

you're breaking my heart fern. i just wanted to make sure you can come down. we don't give a rip about the rain as much as making sure someone else show up to help me drink the beer...which will also be Terminal Gravity at the Ropeup.

Any date you choose will be good for some and not good for others and may or may not have rain. There won't be a most or best. Just pick a date and go with it, whiner-can't-shows can suck it, me included :P .

Besides, I don't schedule my beer-drinking and girl-making-out-with this far in advance.

Christ Almighty! Is it really that time of the year already? thumbs_up.gif

I was planning on heading out west late august/early sept. Unfortunately,now I probably wont be able to head out in that direction until mid to late October. So tuff-fest it will likely be. Who knows, maybe I will actually drive out there with all my shit and stay this time! smile.gif

I sure will miss the l'worth rope up frown.gif

Have fun! fruit.gif

Word!!! fruit.gifbigdrink.gifrockband.gif

Christ Almighty! Is it really that time of the year already? thumbs_up.gif

I was planning on heading out west late august/early sept. Unfortunately,now I probably wont be able to head out in that direction until mid to late October. So tuff-fest it will likely be. Who knows, maybe I will actually drive out there with all my shit and stay this time! smile.gif

I sure will miss the l'worth rope up frown.gif

Have fun! fruit.gif

Good choice. While I have never made it up to the other thing, the smith shindig is approx. 1 billion times cooler. but maybe everyone from the other thing makes it down to smith too.

My only plea is for Tuff Love to be Oct 14 or later. I leave this shithole know as Fairbanks on Oct 7, and barring any nutty snowstorms in the yukon or upper BC, it's about 4-5 days of driving. After 5 days of that pleasantry I should be real surly and lookin to whoop some ass, swear to god I will, so make sure Donny Baker is there.

I'd like to put in my vote but I don't know if any of you guys care, cuz you're not going to get to lick my shirt even if i do come. Still interested?

nope--not interested. keep your choice to your self. i was only interested in kissing fern. rolleyes.gif