Fall Ropeup Plans

olyclimber

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have it at 8-mile campground instead so we can have climbs within walking distance and have more comradery among cc'ers instead of everyone disappearing for the entire weekend and then showing up about 10pm to drink some beer. I'll bet we get more people attending becuase of the familiarity factor with 8-mile. We could take over 8-mile rock and have drunken laps by headlamp.

You could prolly get that CG, as long as you don't put minx in charge of reserving/paying for the site. smirk.gif No offense meant, minxie! smile.gif

Last year the 8-mile group site was snatched up by some RV/truck camper group, and the "Westside Westfalia-ers" had the fall-back Bridge Creek group area. minx's name was a four-letter word for the weekend. shocked.gif

tentative date for Fall ropeup: Sept 16 bigdrink.gif

FYI: Sept 22-24 are the dates for the smith rock detour and a good chance for a climbing event in PDX on the 21st of Sept. wave.gif

what the hell is the detour? will there be girls making out there?

so, are you saying there is a problem with the 16th or what?

I personally don't have a problem with the 16th but it is my impression most people on this site don't like to drive to climb back to back weekends for some reason I really don't understand (my suspicion is it has something to do with walking a line). If this impression is true you will likely lose a few people that rather go to smith than ropeup.

I'm a little premature in my announcement but there will be a midweek PDX event sometime in Sept that I suspect people will want to attend. Once I confirm a date I will get the word out.

well, this thread is all about determining the date that works the best for all of us, so i'm open for suggestions, but I'd like to reserve a group campsite this week. I'll be taking care of that end of things, and we would definitely like the PDX contingent in the mix. So suggest a better date, this is an event for all of us, I'm not going to pick an arbitrary date, so something that works for most is best.

I'd guess/say that earlier in the month of Sept your chances for good weather are better. Smith usually stays good well into early Oct so put Ropeup at the start of the month and Tuff Love at the end of the month. Just a guess.

My other suspicion is most people don't plan that far in advance so polling people will likely result in a lot of "I don't knows" or 1 or 2 votes for each weekend (think pub club) so... just call it!

I'd guess/say that earlier in the month of Sept your chances for good weather are better. Smith usually stays good well into early Oct so put Ropeup at the start of the month and Tuff Love at the end of the month. Just a guess.

My other suspicion is most people don't plan that far in advance so polling people will likely result in a lot of "I don't knows" or 1 or 2 votes for each weekend (think pub club) so... just call it!

Tuff Love has always been in October. either the first or second weekend. don't harsh my mellow dude cool.gif

Tuff Love has always been in October. either the first or second weekend. don't harsh my mellow dude cool.gif

Why should we go out of our way to accommodate one person that only climbs a few time a year? wazzup.gif

Why should we go out of our way to accommodate one person that only climbs a few time a year? wazzup.gif

you can go to smith any time you like. but it is not love fest uless Timm@y says it is love fest you retarted little ass hat. until this season i put more hours on the rock than "just a few times a year" you just made my shit list the_finger.gif

Because rope-ups are about girls making out, not climbing.

Muffy? If we accomodate your schedule, do you promise to make out with at least one girl during rope up?

had you asked me 6 months ago my answer would have been "but ofcourse" but i am owned now sorry luv. i don't think i am comming to 11worth unless i can find someone to drive me. y'all have your thinger when ever you like. Tuff Luv is another story and i have not missed one of those yet.

you can go to smith any time you like. but it is not love fest uless Timm@y says it is love fest you retarted little ass hat. until this season i put more hours on the rock than "just a few times a year" you just made my shit list the_finger.gif

Bwaha. thats funny. hahaha.gif

I object, I think late september is better so i can show up and wont be in Stehekin...

Really though, I think the 30th would be better for all the students who are back around by then and not at summer jobs or summer alpine climbs or summer fire-fighting duties.

Anyone object to the 30th?