Why you should have your business plan on your website

Lowell_Skoog

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowell-

We really don't have a business plan. Jon and I both work full time and maintain the site strictly as a hobby. I suppose in a perfect world, I could run this site as a part time job, and climb all day long, but we have yet to recieve an invitation to join the Quokka Sports Immersion. wink.gif

Honestly though, we built this site because we love to climb, and we felt there was a need for a place for NW climbers to gather on the web. We like this site so much that Jon and I sacrifice approximately 8.5 pitchers of Winterhook each month in order to pay for the hosting fees. But we're fine with this because Keystone Light tastes just as good.

We're hoping that people that use the site often will 'give back' to the site by submitting pictures from trips, posting trip reports or even writing articles to share with the rest of us. Thats the cool thing about the site, everyone who posts current reports/conditions is helping make the site an extremely valuable resource for all NW climbers!

But if you can't post any trip reports, feel free to send us 1/2 racks of Keystone for our long nights of web programing fun, all donations of frosty-ones are tax-deductible!

If anyone else has any questions about why we made the site, or our plans for it in the future, drop us an email at climb@cascadeclimbers.com.

-t

we figured .com is just easier to remember... hmmm I've never really though of a hobby being a business plan, I just remember writing a business plan back at the U and it wasn't a real enjoyable experience, maybe we'll just make a mission statement or something fancy like that.

thanks again for your interest

-T