[TR] MT Gimli- South Ridge 7/22/2006

ZONK

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, 1st try on a trip report

IV 5.9 **** Mt Gimli

after a 45min inspection at the border because of "Indicators" seen on the dash board, We arrived at the trail head just after midnight on Friday The 21st, Set out on the trail Saturday morning after good coffee and grub. The Hike in was a nice 2000' in about 2 miles. After digging into the pack it did not take long to figure out I had left My harness back at the truck !*#@(*&* but made some Slings work ! The route is OUTSTANDING one of the best Alpine routes out there ! no crowds ! only 4 other climbers had signed in this month with a party half way up when we arrived. The 5.9? roof pitch was not as hard as we thought it might be, the lower 1st pitch was harder. Appox 7 plus pitches, Walk off was not Bad after finding where it starts. Round trip time truck to truck 10.5 hours !

If this Climb was anywhere near Leavenworth there would be a line waiting to climb it every weekend, Its that good!

(hint: sticky thread in BC forum gives link to BC map viewer. Map viewer lets you locate places and print maps of how to get there.)

I would post maps but this website is non-functional ... email works tongue.gif

Edited by fern