Mosquito Sonic doo-dads

Jens

I Picked up a 3 pack of these at big lots for 5 bucks. They are about the same weight and size as 3 packets of GU. The seem to keep the mosquitos away a little bit. We clipped em' to our packs. The emit a super high pitched tone that is created by 1 aaa battery that mosquitos don't like. For the price, weight, and size, definitely check em' out. thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicken bone remedies are one thing, but if you don't want to dissolve your gear slathering DEET on it, you might look into finding a Picaridin-containing repellant. You have to go to Europe or Australia to get the more effective 20% formulations, whereas Cutter Advanced (Autan) sells a 10% product domestically. There's copious valid literature out there showing the effectiveness of DEET and Picaridin (Icaridin) against mosquitoes, black flies and even (for Picaridin) ticks. My wife has friends bring back 20% Pic. as she finds it so much more effective.

-t

recent article on Picaridin

Define "a little bit" please...

I hiked the same trail a week before and the bugs on both trips were bad. On the second trip they seemed less bad when I had my device on my pack and the seemed just as bad when I left my pack to get water or the like. Who knows, maybe they don't work, but for the weight and size of 2 packets of GU, what the heck.