Landis Kicks Ass

Figger_Eight

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but from the racing tactics standpoint, Choada's got it right. My wife seems to like Pereiro for some reason, and she kept getting offended whenever the announcers made comments about him "getting lucky" and getting that big break. I tried to explain to her that the peloton screwed up, and she wouldn't hear it. Sure, he rode a fabulous race once he got into that position, but still, he never really should have had the opportunity in the first place.

And as for Floyd, yeah, he definitely rode hard and looked like a beast on his big comeback day, but he too was basically let go.

Whatever. He won by less than a minute. Landis had the least worst strategy in a Tour full of shitty riding. Let the guy who came in tenth last year get 28 minutes on the peloton to take the yellow jersey from you? Let Landis break-away solo to make up eight minutes?

This tour was awesome, how can you call it shitty. 3rd fastest ever. 7 or 8 people in the yellow. Jens Voigt won a stage. This is the way the Tour was raced pre-Indurain, people would lose 8 one day and make up 10 the other. After all this controversy it was good for the sport to have so many people in the yellow and win stages. I was sorry to see Cadel Evans not make the podium, he rode the most consistent race out of everyone.

It was all good except that two strong riders were left out of the field 24 hours before the start. I'm all for Floyd Landis winning, but what if Ullich or Basso had been there? CSC (Basso) and T-Mobile (Ullich) had the strongest teams, especially T-Mobile. Those guys were kicking ass almost every day.

That was one of the most impressive comebacks ever. rockband.gif

I still think Greg Lemond's comeback was better.

for fucking sure!! 8sec and he beats the Frenchman Laurent Fignon-- still the closest in the Tour's history; and he did it on the LAST stage....fuking impressive. rockband.gif

I'm not too familiar with the racing scene, so here's a question for those that are. Is testosterone something that most riders feel would give them a competitive advantage?

I'm not aware of many edurance atheletes that think that a non-specific bulking-up of major muscle groups would do anything but hinder them. Even in men's swimming, the consensus seems to be that 'roids would be detrimental, as the musculature that you develop from swimming is optimal, and any additional bulk would just slow you down.

so for those that only read headlines... if you read further, the articles say that it was found that he had higher than normal levels of testosterone. i wonder how many stage winners test high for this and then the 'b' sample exonerates them. it's a shame that all the headlines say he was doping when it isn't proven yet. remember how many times they said lance was doping - yet time has shown that they couldn't prove anything.

guilty till proven innocent.

I think Landis is ripe to be set up. Unlike LA, he doesn't have the support network to fight this.

The French would sell their mothers to take down an American, they're desperate to get the TDF title back. Was the fist sample tested in France?

Wanking can raise your testosterone levels, maybe he wanked at the wrong time? yellaf.gif