Bulging/slightly herniated L5/S1 (Disc)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to differentiate between the two types of chiros would be to A) get a recommendation from an MD or PT on who they work with or B) call the chiro's office and do a quicky interview asking if they frequently co-manage with other health professions, and can provide the type of care you are looking for. As for forming a different association/boards, that will never happen, and really doesn't need to. It is a very eclectic profession, that serves alot of different people in a alot of different ways. what needs to happen is more clearly designating what type of doctor the DC is, so the general public knows who to seek out. Kind of like the medical field... when you have a rash you're going to go to the dermatologist, not the cardiologist.

• 5 weeks later...

Update:

I ended up getting my CAT scan back and the disc was fully herniated. Was impinging my S1 (nerve root) on two levels, and I was getting "drop foot" and my right leg would seize while walking through extreme pain. Had a (successful) discectomy/laminectomy, and now am 1 week post-op and, while in pain, things are looking and feeling a lot better.

Thanks for the advice, PM's etc,.....some fucking thoughtful people on this site despite the bullshit!