• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
skykilo

TeleRoss cranks the steeps.

Preface: I'm sorry for being such a geek.

I finally learned how to make animated gifs with the GIMP, so here's my first one. It's Ross on the descent from Terror-Rake Col in the Southern Pickets.

Two.gif

You can get the GIMP at

http://www.gimp.org

Just open an image, then open the next image you want using 'open as layer,' then when you're done save as gif. Animated will be an option.

I shouldn't have given my knowledge so freely. I fought long and hard for that knowledge, you know. yellaf.gif

The gimp is a quality program for free. Using it gives you some unix street cred too, though it is much easier to use than it used to be.

Those who put it on the same tier as Photoshop are full of it though.

You can with ImageReady, a program that comes with Photoshop these days. The Photoshop/ImageReady combo is pretty much overkill for cranking out little animated gifs though.

all of my animated gifs are compiled on a special linux kernel that Linus Torvalds sent me.

Where is the animated gif of exit 38 wyatt trash with shotgun on the motorcycle?

If only I had more pictures of Ross turning left. Clearly he got GIMPed...

Deg.gif

Looks like he's doing a some kinda power slide like Shane McConkey on water skis or something. cantfocus.gif

If only I had more pictures of Ross turning left. Clearly he got GIMPed...

Deg.gif

Looks like he's doing a some kinda power slide like Shane McConkey on water skis or something. cantfocus.gif

When I see a pair of Spatulas mounted for tele I'll have seen it all. Animated gifs - is this what they work on at Los Alamos these days?