Adams, Mazama route, nude people

pontus

another slight boring trip report. somebody might find it useful.

started up the mazama glacier route from sunrise camp 0330 am 22 july. Reached sunrise from the Cold Springs Campground, since the road to Bird Creek (which is 3 hours closer to sunrise) is closed......the guide book said....surprise when we found out that all other 14 people at sunrise got their from bird creek....sigh.

Start on Mazama on the very right edge from the bottom of the glacier to avoid the crevasses in the center straight up from sunrise. Easy almost-snow-slog up mazama. Beautiful view over the icefall on your right side and the "castle".

We hiked roped up all the way up to where the route joins the south climb. about 1.5 hours from false summit to real summit .

Nude couple on the top. since i'm swedish, nudity lies close to my heart. Love you both!! ...are you swedish too?

Glissaded all the way down to sunrise. Helmet recommended as always. Minor rockfall area below the right hand ridge on the start of Mazama.

thanx to all the great people we met. ESpecial thanx to Terra for the guided tour in seattle! Deep Banana Blackout rocks!

...The Swedish Speedo Team

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambone, no crevasses to speak of. You can save time to take a look at the start of the glacier the day before in daylight. Just go right from sunrise camp a few hundred yards out on to the glacier to avoid the crevasses in the beginning. If you go straight up from sunrise you'll hit some crevasses. Take a stroll in daylight and you'll see what I mean.

are you keeping the tradition to go nude on the top?

...p