Bush River Logging Roads Beta

8kM

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has used these roads to access the north side of Mount Bryce. I will be in the area for the first time in August and will be cruising in a small rental car. I have no idea what conditions could be present, especially after rain. Guess I am wondering if you need a four wheel drive and/or high clearance vehicle thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the north side of Mount Bryce.

Based entirely on the experiences of the four other people I know who have climbed Bryce NF, you're gonna epic.

But I think you can get to within 20km of the base in a 2wd. You might have to walk the last 20 km of logging road. How were you planning to descend?

Getting dropped off by someone, traversing off to the Icefields Parkway and getting picked up there is a reasonable alternative to having to descend back into Bush River btw. Or so I was told.

I'll be up there myself in a month but the truck is too full of survey gear to pick up hitchhikers frown.gif

sweet. thanks for the heads up. i will be trying to figure out the logistics here and we will look avoiding the Bush River on the decent. thats pretty funny that all four of your buddies had a epic attempting the NF. hopefully it was no more than sleep deprivation, dehydration, a botched decent, and bad weather. if you do talk with them any more dribbles of information would be appreciated since info on this area seems sparse at best. cheers!

I tried the E ridge maybe 5 years ago. I have no idea if that's the way you would descend or not, but from the base of the E ridge back to Bush river is not at all a bad descent (1/2 day, mostly on logging roads)

We came up the standard E ridge approach from Bush River/Rice Brook. We parked our 2wd car shortly after the Rice Brook road leaves Bush River. I remember there was a gate and a washout maybe 1km after this.

Sorry, this info is badly out of date, maybe it will help.

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has used these roads to access the north side of Mount Bryce. I will be in the area for the first time in August and will be cruising in a small rental car. I have no idea what conditions could be present, especially after rain. Guess I am wondering if you need a four wheel drive and/or high clearance vehicle thanks.

LTV is back up and has some info

bush river