what i learned this weekend...

underworld

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't lower off Godzilla using a 60 meter rope.

Bullshit.

You most certainly can. Not with the rope running through your gear, but if you clean your gear on the way down, a 60m rope reaches just fine. But why would you do it that way? Just belay up the second from the top and then rap off.

60m rope works just fine for that.

You can't lower off Godzilla using a 60 meter rope.

Bullshit.

You most certainly can. Not with the rope running through your gear, but if you clean your gear on the way down, a 60m rope reaches just fine. But why would you do it that way? Just belay up the second from the top and then rap off.

You are correct. You'd have to clean on the way down, which my partner did not do. Yes, I would have preferred he belay from the top, but he wanted to get out of the sun.

I learned that, on occasion, an old sling dated "2-24-06" (thankyou to this thoughtful climber btw) *MAY* still be strong enough to rap off of on "7-16-06", but you will be very nervous while doing it.

Best to not copy this sort of behavior..

D

10a is harder than 10c (P2 vs p3 on Davis Holland).

Are you really tall?

I think p3 is significantly harder than p2, but if you were tall (>6'3" or so?) you could probably reach the big edge above the crux. P3 is also harder to protect than p2.