Ever see a fistfight at a climbing area?

Jens

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It came close to fists on the big party ledge 1 or 2 pitches up on Nutcracker one time.

Some poor soul was sketched to death above and absolutely wasn't moving. As more parties arrived on the ledge the jostling for position to climb 'next' got quite entertaining. The inflation of the egos and the nature of the posturing was amazing to watch. The moronic bellowing at the frozen climber a pitch above didn't help the atmosphere any, either.

I had no intention of finishing the route with all that crap going on but decided to stick around and watch the fireworks. When our water ran out we bailed and headed to the river to cool off and chill for a bit.

I was in Bishop, CA, in the pit on a WED night getting ready to head out for ptown the next day. Car packed except for the tent we were sleeping in. Went to bed around 10 or so. The camp sites were silent until about 10:45 or so when 2 cars pulled up and got set up with drinking, drums, guitars, singing, probably about 10 young kids. This went on for about 2 hours. The pit was full, tents all around within 10 feet of ours. I could hear other campers pissed and wisspering in there tent, trying to figure out what to do. So I finaly yelled at the top of my lungs " Shut the fuck up". Well that stired up the nest, all of a sudden, half of the group was "maybe we should be quiet" and the other have was "did some one just tell us to shut the fuck up, let go tent to tent and kick some ass". I could hear the campers in the tents next to our laughing quietly.

The mood was broken, within the hour they were quiet and pissed off, I could still hear a couple looking to kill us, They could not figure out where it came from.

So in the morning payback is a bitch.

My partner and I got up around 5am or so, packed our tent and drove our car over to there tent and put the front of our car right on the door of there tent and layed on the horn for about 30 seconds and split for home.

To the tall, wiry, challenged looking fellow at the REI Pinnacle whose pitiful excuse for a brain can't perform two computations at once:

I patiently waited for you to take 15 minutes to belay one climber. I then patiently waited for you to fill out some form, fold it into perfect 90 degree angles, ensuring that no corner was creased improperly, and place it neatly in a pile in a right angle to the register. I then watched you adjust your shirt and wipe the dog hair off your pants. The whole while, you never even acknowledged my presence, you never said, "I'll be with you in a moment", you didn't even look at me, even though my chalk bag was in plain sight hanging from a belt on the red shorts over my blue tights. Then some lady walks up out of nowhere and asks if you'll belay her and you oblige, oblivious to the fact that there's someone else who's been waiting for 15 minutes - patiently - to be served.. When I inform you that I was there, waiting patiently, for 15 minutes, you get snippy and tell me to walk over to the sign in if I want to be helped. Listen fucktard, how about I shove this chalk bag up your ass? Part of your simpleton job is to recognize who is standing in line. If a customer wants to ask you a question about climbing the Pinnacle, you can do your job and walk over to me where I've been patiently waiting (for 15 minutes - in the exact place where the customer you just belayed was standing). I didn't see you ask the guy you were belaying to walk over to the register to ask his silly questions about different kinds of chalk, and will it work for his annual climb up da Toof.

Furthermore, your job is not rocket science. You have a handful of functions you perform in your daily routine, none of them requiring more than two brain cells to execute. I'd like to think that I can at least expect you to perform two of those functions at once.

You screw up a simple part of your job, then you want to get loud and make me look like a jerk for calling you on it?

And to the guy with the rainbow pants and ugly mutt of a girlfriend who snickered at me for getting loud ... mind your own business, assclown.

Thank you for allowing passive-aggressive superhero to post.

the_finger.gif

To the tall, wiry, challenged looking fellow at the REI Pinnacle whose pitiful excuse for a brain can't perform two computations at once:

I patiently waited for you to take 15 minutes to belay one climber. I then patiently waited for you to fill out some form, fold it into perfect 90 degree angles, ensuring that no corner was creased improperly, and place it neatly in a pile in a right angle to the register. I then watched you adjust your shirt and wipe the dog hair off your pants. The whole while, you never even acknowledged my presence, you never said, "I'll be with you in a moment", you didn't even look at me, even though my chalk bag was in plain sight hanging from a belt on the red shorts over my blue tights. Then some lady walks up out of nowhere and asks if you'll belay her and you oblige, oblivious to the fact that there's someone else who's been waiting for 15 minutes - patiently - to be served.. When I inform you that I was there, waiting patiently, for 15 minutes, you get snippy and tell me to walk over to the sign in if I want to be helped. Listen fucktard, how about I shove this chalk bag up your ass? Part of your simpleton job is to recognize who is standing in line. If a customer wants to ask you a question about climbing the Pinnacle, you can do your job and walk over to me where I've been patiently waiting (for 15 minutes - in the exact place where the customer you just belayed was standing). I didn't see you ask the guy you were belaying to walk over to the register to ask his silly questions about different kinds of chalk, and will it work for his annual climb up da Toof.

Furthermore, your job is not rocket science. You have a handful of functions you perform in your daily routine, none of them requiring more than two brain cells to execute. I'd like to think that I can at least expect you to perform two of those functions at once.

You screw up a simple part of your job, then you want to get loud and make me look like a jerk for calling you on it?

And to the guy with the rainbow pants and ugly mutt of a girlfriend who snickered at me for getting loud ... mind your own business, assclown.

Thank you for allowing passive-aggressive superhero to post.

the_finger.gif

Please take the boner out of your butt and re-read the topic.

I was in Bishop, CA, in the pit on a WED night getting ready to head out for ptown the next day. Car packed except for the tent we were sleeping in. Went to bed around 10 or so. The camp sites were silent until about 10:45 or so when 2 cars pulled up and got set up with drinking, drums, guitars, singing, probably about 10 young kids. This went on for about 2 hours. The pit was full, tents all around within 10 feet of ours. I could hear other campers pissed and wisspering in there tent, trying to figure out what to do. So I finaly yelled at the top of my lungs " Shut the fuck up". Well that stired up the nest, all of a sudden, half of the group was "maybe we should be quiet" and the other have was "did some one just tell us to shut the fuck up, let go tent to tent and kick some ass". I could hear the campers in the tents next to our laughing quietly.

The mood was broken, within the hour they were quiet and pissed off, I could still hear a couple looking to kill us, They could not figure out where it came from.

My partner and I got up around 5am or so, packed our tent and drove our car over to there tent and put the front of our car right on the door of there tent and layed on the horn for about 30 seconds and split for home.

Maybe you should have backed up to the tent and run the exhaust in there for an hour or so. That would quiet them down a bit.

Maybe you should have backed up to the tent and run the exhaust in there for an hour or so. That would quiet them down a bit.

You could always seam grip their tent zipper shut.

My partner and I got up around 5am or so, packed our tent and drove our car over to there tent and put the front of our car right on the door of there tent and layed on the horn for about 30 seconds

What would have been rad is if your fan belt broke at this point. And you got a flat.