adams south ridge

rperitore

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were at Adams over the week-end with at least a 100 of our closest hiking/climbing friends. However, the camping was plentiful at the Lunch Counter and we were not stacked on top of one another. There was more snow/ice pack than I was expecting and people were carving up the south spur on boards and skis. There were some patches of barren rock/scree but you can ski the entire upper section down to about 7000 feet with only taking your skis off once or twice. The road is snow free but rutted and bumpy for the last 3 miles up to Cold Springs. I would suggest a 4x4 but I did see a guy in a Mazda Miata up there. I guess that is up to you and how much you value your exhaust system. I would also suggest an early start. The parking lot and the route were crowded. Enjoy!

Right on...thanks for the info...

I'll take on the road in my beater nissan sentra..(hope she holds up, I need her for a little while longer...)

I'm sure it will be crowded but hopefully with a creative hiking time the melee should be lessened...