Mt St Helens TR

dkemp

Visited the summit on Saturday in a whiteout :-(. Snow conditions were variable; sloppy then firm, then sloppy again.

Marble Mt snopark is clear of snow, as is first half mile or so of trail.

Lots and lots of skiers and boarders up there on Sunday.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What time did you get to the summit? I was there too, and the weather started to clear a little later, but the summit was clouded all day. It cleared below 7500' I took up some friends that were newer to climbing, thus taking almost twice as long as it normally would, so I was probably there later then you. By then the weather was improving.

I felt that the avi danger was not very high on the worm flows route saturday.

Climbers Biviouc had 4 miles of snow so you had to hike more there, but I saw several people going up Monitor Ridge. The ridge to the east of Worm Flows had several parties there too.

We were even later coming down due to a rescue, and post holed a lot coming down.

Yep, Sunday was the day.

I was one of the lucky hundreds to climb up the Worm Flows in spite of the TERRIFYING avy report. Saturday night was so clear and cold, everything from the Marble Mountain snow park up was frozen - more than a few climbers had crampons on. Many skiiers and snowboarders were sitting on top for a couple of hours waiting for things to soften up a bit. Fantastic views with an even better ride down. Highly recommended.

Vegetablebelay is a little sunburned.