• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
savaiusini

White River Road

Anyone know if the WR Road is still open? I wuz up there 2 weeks ago and you could still drive to the campground. Figuring with the warm dry weather it might still be open.

Thanks for any info!

I called the Enumclaw R.S. last Wednesday. The person there told me the Mather Memorial Parkway between Cayuse Pass and the North (White River) Entrance to the park is closed. Therefore, getting to trailheads like Fryingpan Creek and White River means foot (or bike) travel on roads. A lot of extra mileage. Probably best to go somewhere else to have a good time.

the Mather Memorial Parkway between Cayuse Pass and the North (White River) Entrance to the park is closed.

Well, the WSDOT says both Cayuse and Chinook remain open today. I'd guess probably until significant snowfall.

What have I learned here? I have learned that Forest Service rangers don't necessarily have a clue. This time, I called the National Park. The Mather Memorial Parkway IS open between Cayuse Pass and the North (White River) Entrance to the park. However, the road to Fryingpan Creek, White River Campground, and Sunrise is closed at the Y (i.e., at the MM Parkway junction).