climbing fee going up

Alpine_Tom

Isn't the Park the BIG system? If you volunteer to give them more money, you have no control over how it is spent. Then they will try to create some "services" to spend your money. Then they will decide that isn't enough so let's charge more.

If it costs $30, I would rather they tear down the outhouses and carry my own crap out.

At some point, rather than pay rangers to run all over the mountain telling you what not to do and rescuing folks that don't know what they are doing, you would probably save time and money if you just tied all the bozos to a ranger and have them tow the public up the mountain. Obviously I'm not being serious, but how much hand holding do you really want to pay for?

They could take the hut back from RMI and charge folks to stay there instead. After all, 75% of the people are travelling through Camp Muir, so they are the ones that are demanding services. bluboomt.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to Denali, there are no cars allowed in the park, there is a bus system that runs thought the park.

I have heard rumors that MRNP is looking into doing the same.

Imagine: parking your car at the entrance to the park waiting for a bus, loading on the bus with up to 40 other people and your pack, riding a bus up to Paradise with no shocks, and then doing the same back down. So much for cold alpine starts if the bus does not run early.

It works very well at Denali, but I am hesitant for MRNP to start. frown.gif

I heard a rumor that they were possibly going to make climbers ride the bus into the park to save parking space for more Tourons. This is all hearsay of course.

Now THAT would be bullshit! Climbers are paying more to "play," so they (and I guess the Paradise guests) should park toward the front.