Muir snow report?

bcollins

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Flat light did suck. Could not see up from down when I was cartwheeling down the slopes. Are we supposed to ski or do gymnastics
[laf]

Either way it's good snow in my opinion. It's the weather conditions that is the factor of weather or not you will get a cruiser long run that is fun and moderat if you ask me.

With all your cartwheeling you would of damaged some of the trees and some activist would of reported you. Or you would of been lifted to harbor view so they could remove the tree branch out of your [Moon]

quote:

Originally posted by Skisports:

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Flat light did suck. Could not see up from down when I was cartwheeling down the slopes. Are we supposed to ski or do gymnastics
[laf]

Either way it's good snow in my opinion. It's the weather conditions that is the factor of weather or not you will get a cruiser long run that is fun and moderat if you ask me.

With all your cartwheeling you would of damaged some of the trees and some activist would of reported you. Or you would of been lifted to harbor view so they could remove the tree branch out of your
[Moon]
No tree branches in anus but I think your head is up yours [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by JoshK:

I got involved because I was there too. You're the one who started talking shit for no reason. I'm just not so sure why somebody's decision to ski someplace other than the muir snowfield was so hurtful to you.
[Confused]

It's not hurtful. I started talking shit for no reason? Well maybe that is the way you see it. The way I read the posts was that skisports was implying that he was holier than thou since he does not ski out of trees on the muir snowfield. I just made a remark and you guys blew up.

Hehehe...Obivously the subtle things never come across in text. In any event, I think it was just as easy to think you were just shit-talking as it was to confused skisport's posts as holier-than-thou. For what it's worth, I've climbed and skied with the guy a lot besides this trip to Rainer. Neither one of us were trying to cop a holier-than-thou attitude.

I think the point he was making, which I really noticed in people too, is that everyone assumes that if you go to paradise to ski, the only thing to do is the muir snowfield. Now granted, for a lot of people up there who just want to ski and aren't climbers/mountaineers/what-have-you, the benifit of following an established "trail" may be reason enough.

quote:

Originally posted by Skisports:

If I thought I was so holy I would use this site to brag about trips. Most people don't realize that there are other safe places to ski left or right of the snowfeild.

Get over it hoser. I dont really care. YOu are just the tool of the day. It's ok you and Joshk can stop rubbing your peckerheads in front of us on the internet now [Eek!]

[ 11-19-2002, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

quote:

Get over it hoser. I dont really care. YOu are just the tool of the day. It's ok you and Joshk can stop rubbing your peckerheads in front of us on the internet now

Damnit, you really are a dick, aren't you? I'm still lost trying to figure out what either one of us did to you. You're the one who started the whole pissing match by making fun of somebody over the internet [hell no] , like all the real men do. I kept it clean. If taking shots at me on this message board is how you get your kicks, whatever, have fun.

I think Caveman's point is that as far as he could tell for the day, we raged up to Pan Point before anyone else that morning-promptly hauled ass in bad light - and yo yo skied some nice leeward aspects filled with coarse granular *including some trees* and some open slopes below the cloud ceiling. We started to ski the waterfall, but decided against it.

With the exception of the usual snow tweakers building kickers and landing fakie-pretty much everybody else we saw seemed intent on the cattle trail up to Pan Point and beyond. In the afternoon a group was heading up to the slopes below Paradise glacier which always yields nice turns.

The snow cover over on the Tatoosh is looking decent.