Hydration System

Wopper

I pulled my old Camelback down from the shelf in the garage and realized how nasty it had become. It is time for a new one and wondering if anyone has any "must haves" or "do not buy" brands or styles. I will be using it mostly for hiking(day and week-end stuff). Though it will not be purchased for climbing there is always the possibility of using it on a volcano somewhere. Thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a Camelback brand one for everything including climbing. Its my second one and has worked well, the only drawback is the threads on the mouth can get sticky and are hard to open. My partner uses a platypus one that has a ziplock type closure which is cool b/c the whole bag opens for ease of cleaning and filling. Though it seems like it would pop open by itself, apparently is doesn't and he likes it.

Whatever you get, I'd get an additional valve closure if its not included instead of a bite valve b/c its more secure.